User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2006, 10:35 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Question about CREngland

Hi!

I am considering doing a CREngland lease. Anyone ever done one or possibly still doing? I enjoy my independence and this is the reason why, I would appreciate your feed back.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Rookie

do a search there is more cr england info than you would ever want
Old 12-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Default crengland

Chris it is an awesome let me say it agian awesome way to loss your life savings. LOL Man it is not worth it. There are seasoned drivers out here right now that are not able to make it. Guys who have 20+ years under them. Plus Englands lease program sucks.

Slider

Loaded Like A Boxcar, Drive It Like A Stock Car
Old 12-26-2006, 11:32 PM
Senior Board Member

All one has to do is apply basic grammar school math to these company offered lease programs and none of them are worth your time.

average paid per mile is just about 1 dollar per mile after fuel surcharge ...somtimes it's a little more but then usually so is the length of haul .

At 1.00 per mile if you drive 3k miles as a solo driver you would gross 3k to the truck then subtract the following.

Fuel at 6mpg @3.00 per gallon is 1500 to run 3k miles...this is an instant 50% of your gross gone ,and is a constant loss because the more miles you drive the more fuel you use no getting around that ,So because 1.00 or just slightly more isn't really enough to offset the high cost of fuel you are already in a no win situation on a company lease .Monthly fuel at 3k per wk as a solo is 6k...

The truck 350-500 per wk is what it costs to lease at most companies . monthly is 1400.00-2000.00

Then you still have all those extra fees like tire fund...maintinence fund...qual -com fees ...And few more I'm probably not remebering at the moment , But just your truck/fuel bills should be enough to make you not walk but run from a lease purchase offer .

12k miles run per month...12,000 gross to truck
6,000 for fuel
1,400 for one of their cheaper trucks
- 1,000 for all the misc funds you pay into
---------------------------------------------------
3,600 gross left over .this breaks down into no more than making $900.00wk as a company driver $900.00x4= 3,600...this figure does not account for fuel used if you idle to stay warm in the winter or cool in the summer ...Whichj explains all the "LEASE" ops who sweat it out during the summer instead of idiling and keepiong cool like a company driver for the same company .
Old 12-27-2006, 12:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Chris

Click this: http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=23351 BOL
Old 12-27-2006, 02:57 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Question about CREngland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Hi!

I am considering doing a CREngland lease. Anyone ever done one or possibly still doing? I enjoy my independence and this is the reason why, I would appreciate your feed back.
Several things to consider Chris............how much experience running your own business do you have? How much driving experience do you have? How disciplined are you?...........these are all things that will have an effect on your success.

First off, as a L/O you're in business for yourself..........do you have the business background to do that? There's more to running your business as an L/O than just driving. How's your organizational skills, how's your time management skills? Can you make decisions on your own based on pertinent facts or do you need someone looking over your shoulder?

Second, if you're new to this industry, there's tons to learn about it. Along with the driving skills you'll need, there's logistics, planning, regulations, and we're not about to leave out the mental aspects of it..........if you're totally new to this profession............my friend you are in for one hell of a wake up slap in the face with life on the road.

Lastly, as a business owner, you are going to put in far more hours than the company driver. How disciplined are you? When you're not rolling you're not making any money.......as a company driver that's not different........the difference as a L/O, is when you're not making money, your business expenses are still clicking away.........when you take a few days off, your lease payment is still adding up. When you're stuck in some TS due to weather, you're cost of doing business is still on the clock. Every minute that you're idling the rig, your expense meter is still running cutting your profit line..........as a L/O you've got to be disciplined.

If you're totally new to this field, my suggestion would be to get some experience before you even think about signing on the dotted line of some lease with ANY company. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the odds aren't very good.