User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2006, 02:26 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default My CRE Lease updates

Yes, I signed the lease as some of you know.

Reasons for the signing will go unmentioned.

But I can say my first week pay was $618 for about 2100 miles.
My second week pay is over $1800.

I got a deffered payment on the truck for the second week, so if I had to pay the full payment it would have been $1200 in my pocket, not $1800.

I will update as the days go by.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Is that after fuel, maintenance funding, etc.?
Old 12-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Board Regular

yes GMan, that's after fuel, all expenses and a 5cpm tax reserve I set up.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member
Default CRE Lease

And of the $618 and $1200, how much is left after you pay your SS and Medicare taxes, disability insurance, your personal retirement as in a Roth IRA (as an IC, CRE won't have a retirement plan for you), your medical insurance (HSA?), etc, etc.
So what is you actual net for the week(s)? BOL
Old 12-26-2006, 05:05 AM
Rookie

I think we don't have to count his roth IRA contributions. No matter where you work you have to pay into some type of retirement be it 401k,403b,TSA or IRA. We all need to save for the future.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:46 AM
Board Regular

Is that after truck payment? As far as maintenance goes that can vary with a used truck. You just never know when you might need 10k for an overhaul.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkynetSXT
I think we don't have to count his roth IRA contributions. No matter where you work you have to pay into some type of retirement be it 401k,403b,TSA or IRA. We all need to save for the future.
Yeah, but an employee will get company-paid matching on a certain % of his/her 401k contributions. The operator gets zilch. Also, there's other benefits like paid vacations and paid holidays that you give up being an operator. Not to mention the big one - a company-paid health plan. I only pay $8.00/week for top-of-the-line Blue Cross\Blue Shield that pays for virtually everything.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:17 PM
Default Re: My CRE Lease updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerian
Yes, I signed the lease as some of you know.

Reasons for the signing will go unmentioned.

But I can say my first week pay was $618 for about 2100 miles.
My second week pay is over $1800.

I got a deffered payment on the truck for the second week, so if I had to pay the full payment it would have been $1200 in my pocket, not $1800.

I will update as the days go by.
I fully understand these guys are going to ride your butt and continue to tell you how stupid you are and that you should have never done this. But, I'd like to let you know that there is at least one of us out here that is looking forward to your updates, both bad and good, and not just waiting to pounce on a chance to rub your nose in it and say I told you so.

Keep the thread alive If you would. it's nice to see real numbers, just please include all numbers. and acurate account of what is going on for you. If your going to share, share fully.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:20 PM
Default Re: CRE Lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealord
And of the $618 and $1200, how much is left after you pay your SS and Medicare taxes, disability insurance, your personal retirement as in a Roth IRA (as an IC, CRE won't have a retirement plan for you), your medical insurance (HSA?), etc, etc.
So what is you actual net for the week(s)? BOL
This is kind of a goofy question. When you take a job in any other industry and you ask "whats it pay?" The company says "60 grand a year" they don't say 42 grand a year but we pay all your ins taxes bla bla bla out of it.. they say 60 grand a year and you should know that your taxes and insurance and all that other crap will come out of that 60 grand a year.

when a guy tells me he's taking home 600 a weak or 1200 a week I expect it to be after all BUSINESS EXPENSES. I fully expect to take taxes medicare SS and any ins or personal savings out of that 1200. None of those things are business expenses they are living in this country expenses and will incure whether or not you own a truck or a business.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFrostyMug
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkynetSXT
Yeah, but an employee will get company-paid matching on a certain % of his/her 401k contributions. The operator gets zilch. Also, there's other benefits like paid vacations and paid holidays that you give up being an operator. Not to mention the big one - a company-paid health plan. I only pay $8.00/week for top-of-the-line Blue Cross\Blue Shield that pays for virtually everything.
401k is a joke. The only amount you should be putting into 401k is whatever it takes to get a full match out of your company. Anything more then that is a waist. and if your company is saying they only match 50% up to 2 percent or 5 percent it's hardly worth it. dump your retirement into ira's and have it managed by someone who knows what they are doing in mutual funds where someone can actually make some money with it.. What are your 401k's doing guys? 3 percent? 5 percent a year? thats laughable at best.

Head the library and do some searching on Dave Ramsey and grab whatever you can to read on him. he's got great investment advice.

I'm not an owner operator and I don't see paid holidays Sure they'll give me a 100 bucks if I pull a load out over a holiday, but they do that when they need freight moved and noone wants to work on a normal weekend, thats hardly a paid holiday.

If you're getting that kind of medical coverage for 8 bucks a week your donig good you better never leave that company.. But I'm curious what you'd pay if you were covering a family. My company wanted over 500 a month to insure my family and that was 80/20 coverage after a 1000.00 deductable per member of the family up to a 4k max.. that too was laughable.. I buy outside insurance and the company don't pay any of that.

Yes there is company's with great 401k and payments, stock options, and insurance prices... but noone likes swift of werner. :P jking.. seriously I havn't found a trucking company that has great benny's thats worth driving for yet... but theres a lot more to look at I guess.