User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well, I'm not sure what their limits are then... This is my bandwidtch usage from Nov 16 through Nov 30:

Received: 29.9518Gb
Sent: 10.4630Gb

So, if they're not going to cancel my service with downloading 30Gigs in only 15 days, hey, I'm more than happy.

My stats would've shown more, but I just installed this bandwidth monitoring program on the 16th.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
Well, I'm not sure what their limits are then... This is my bandwidtch usage from Nov 16 through Nov 30:

Received: 29.9518Gb
Sent: 10.4630Gb

So, if they're not going to cancel my service with downloading 30Gigs in only 15 days, hey, I'm more than happy.

My stats would've shown more, but I just installed this bandwidth monitoring program on the 16th.
Basically, what their TOS states is that they have the right to cancel your service for using too much bandwidth. They do not, however, state how much is "too much". I would expect that they will eventually start enforcing it.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:47 AM
Rookie

hey rev,
Lighten up....I didn't mean to set you off, I was just trying to let gman know how a sling box works or doesn't work. And what some off his options for it were, and what options do not "seem" to work for myself and others who have sling boxes. My legal disclaimer should have been... To the best of my knowledge...
But thanks for the info anyway.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Senior Board Member

8)
Old 12-08-2006, 01:15 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by san415
gman, we have a sling box, the Internet at most truck stops is very slow. So you will need a wireless card for your computer. Verizon says that they offer "unlimited" but its not really. After you use what they determine is to much they shut you down. Sprint on the other hand has true unlimited service time. The only truck stop my husband got fast enough service was flying j. Again plan to pay extra because watching streaming video will use all you per day use very fast, you don't get a whole day by any means. We find the wireless card the only way to go. Also, my nephew said yes you can hook your lap top up and see the sling box on a TV . But you still need a computer to get the signal? Didn't seem like that was a good thing. What Jamie does is checks both, sometimes he gets lots of good TV on the TV otherwise he uses the sling box.One other thing, I can't change the station here at home if the sling box is lit up, it will change it for him also. He doesn't use it much though.

Thanks for the information. I have a laptop and have had a Sprint air card for a couple of years or so. I have unlimited usage on the card.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 2 questions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali06
how long can u run electrical in a truck while the engine is turn off to wacth tv
My 13" DVD combo is plugged in 24/7. I turn it on and off as needed, and the truck stays off/on, or whatever.

Its not like a car, where you have to have the key on "accessories" to power electronics in the sleeper. They mostly run off of an inverter or 12V source.

As far as longetevity, you can definitely fall asleep with the TV on and still have the truck crank up in the morning without a sniffle
Old 12-08-2006, 05:13 PM
Senior Board Member

i have run my tv for a couple hours before with the truck off depends on how good your batteries are
Old 12-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 2 questions here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali06
how long can u run electrical in a truck while the engine is turn off to wacth tv so u wont have dead battery ? anyone have a picture or a mounting option to put up a small satt dish like dishnetwork?

Is that you, Wot I Life???? or, Dmitri_Lithuania??????
Old 12-08-2006, 07:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by san415
Verizon says that they offer "unlimited" but its not really. After you use what they determine is to much they shut you down.
wow not sure what you did but I have verizon unlimited and I pull just as fast as she can go all the time, I have never had any trouble with my card, when I got phone I have internet, I download gigs of stuff everyday and watch tv news streaming everyday, they have not yet shut me down, I pulling music now and typing this with no problems and I stay connected while I drive and when I here my email bling I check it when I am stopped... so I leave it connected all the time and when I loose a connections I got it to come back or redial as one would say, so I am always connected 24/7 basically.... so what ever you did to get shut down is a mystery tto me......

as for batteries, I have a tv and my pc and I charge my phone and my digi camera and have fell asleep and woke up with the tv still on, so if you leave your lights on all night that might kill some of your batteries and if you don't then your batteries are not as good as you think.... I only had the buzer come on when I left my lights all all night so I leave them off....no need to show off a comapny truck anyway...