User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Swift dedicated or regional pay

I'm not going thru their school, already have a CDL, but will have to go with a trainer for 6 weeks . I know my pay will be low for the first 6 weeks and i'll probably have to deal with a bad trainer , but what can I expect to make weekly if I get regional or particularily a dedicated ,(like dollar general), run. I plan to unload my own trailer whenever I can. It's also very critical that after training or at worst at the 3 month mark I get home on weekends or at least 2-3 times a week. Is this possible, I live in Florida, if that matters.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 AM
Rookie

I dont know what they have in florida but i was on the great lakes regional run and it paid 35 cents per mile with no experience, and it was home every weekend (just for a reference)
Old 11-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Default Re: Swift dedicated or regional pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cripplecreek
I'm not going thru their school, already have a CDL, but will have to go with a trainer for 6 weeks . I know my pay will be low for the first 6 weeks and i'll probably have to deal with a bad trainer , but what can I expect to make weekly if I get regional or particularily a dedicated ,(like dollar general), run. I plan to unload my own trailer whenever I can. It's also very critical that after training or at worst at the 3 month mark I get home on weekends or at least 2-3 times a week. Is this possible, I live in Florida, if that matters.
As for 2-3 days off a week, That might be hard I know at swift you get 1 day for every 6 days worked. And meaning if you want weekends off you will more than likely get a 34 hr but not 2 days at once unless you stay out 2 weeks. I don't run dedicated so not sure. I run 48, also for Flordia we only have 1 terminal there.

You might want to get with skywalker with CFI. I know he lives in Flordia CFI might be able to get you home more often not sure. But most OTR companys specially living in flordia will be hard getting home that often. I know at swift we don't have a big freight line in that area. You might check into local with swift you would be home every night and off weekends. And get paid by the hour. But a good haul for you like 120 miles to the terminal we have there. Well Good luck to you.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Rookie

supposedly you have to have 2yrs experience with swift before you can go regional. this what i was told by a person there........it sucks.....the best thing to do if you go with swift is try to get dedicated.