User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2006, 12:48 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well i drive right now for AQUA Wastewater. Small outfit less then 30 trucks. Its local i drive 6700gal. tankers hauling wastewater. But i started driving dump trucks. I drive around 200-400miles a day. I really like getting paid by the hr. IF am in traffic no big deal am getting paid if i brake down am still getting paid you get paid for everything you do. My hr. rate is 18.75 with full benefits that cost me 11.00 a week. 4 personal days a year 5 sick days 2weeks paid vac. after 1 year. Double time on holidays. We are small but we are part of the AQUA family that is what gives us the good benefits. www.aquaamerica.com It is really a water company they just started a year and a half ago hauling waste water.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Board Regular

Hey Mackman, if you like your local job, like i do, just stick with it, I've made the mistake and given in to that "OTR" fever, it certainly ain't what it's cracked up to be. I agree with you on time and half, and knowing that every minute you spend in that truck you're getting paid for, there's a lot of satisfaction in knowing that, and knowing that you're going home to hang out with friends, or a wife/girlfriend at the end of everyday, believe me it doesn't take much time out there on the road to realize what you left behind with your local job. Kinda off the topic, but what do you haul, and where at? I've been hauling sod for almost 4 years, and it's definately an interesting job, something new everyday.
Zach, Florida
Old 11-22-2006, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

I think am going to stick around with my local job for now. Well i just started driving trailers about 2 weeks ago before that i drove a straight truck 10wheeler. 4200gal. Vac tanker pumping out septic tanks and grease traps. Now i drive on the BULK hauling which are the trailers. I haul sludge, non hazmat water. We haul out of this place called Accupac they makes shampoo. We haul away all of there wastewater so when your pumping it its smells like roses for real. LOLI do alot of package plants which are small sewage plants. I haul there sludge away. I never been to all the places we go but we are taged to go to PA NJ MD NY DE. It is good going places like DuPont to get unloaded and it takes 2 or 3 hrs and am getting paid. You cant beat a hourly job. I dont think i would like OTR but you never know intill you try but i will one of these days.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-22-2006, 01:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Here is the job posting for my old job the stright truck job. You can look at it miller kinda give you idea of what i used to do.

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeek...d0%3bJQT%3dRAD

SORRY TO GO OFF TOPIC ( will try harder to keep it on topic before yoopr beats me up :lol: )

Old 11-22-2006, 02:17 AM
Board Regular
Default goodluck

GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 04:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjv189
Banditscousin, you say you grew up a lot between 18 and 21, but I guess you still didn't learn proper grammar and spelling between those ages. That is evident in your posts.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Welcome to CAD, I see errors all the time, but I have other things to do than pinpoint them. Show me some examples of bad grammar before you call me out 8)