User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
If you want to drive in the NE, and you have a CDL-A.....all you have to do is call 1-800-641-4748 and ask for "recruiting". CFI has a NE regional fleet and all the miles in that region are paid at your experience level PLUS 5 cents per mile NE premium pay. All of the miles are paid as "practical miles" not HHG short miles.

If you have just finished a CDL-A School and are needing to get with a company that will further train you.... call the 800 # above, and ask for extension 5718 (Christine) and talk to her. If you haven't been to school yet, ditto.

CFI "loves" people who like to drive in the Northeast!! And they have lots of freight in that region..... 8) 8)
That's odd... :?:

I was referred by a CFI driver I know to contact Christine. When I spoke with her last week about schooling and working for CFI, she said CT is no longer considered to be within their hiring area. Yet I just saw a link someone posted here at CAD that still had CT listed. Maybe it was just an outdated link? She sent me an info pack, but it did not give a whole lot of info. Particularly explaining more about the hometime...she said I would not be guaranteed to be home in 5 days, or something to that effect, since I lived out of their hiring area.

He!!, I'll drive the NE area...it ain't that bad :? . Then again, I haven't driven a semi here though! Based on what CFI told me, I may just decide to contact Fred about going with TMC...skateboarding sounds like it might be for me.
Old 11-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
If you want to drive in the NE, and you have a CDL-A.....all you have to do is call 1-800-641-4748 and ask for "recruiting". CFI has a NE regional fleet and all the miles in that region are paid at your experience level PLUS 5 cents per mile NE premium pay. All of the miles are paid as "practical miles" not HHG short miles.

If you have just finished a CDL-A School and are needing to get with a company that will further train you.... call the 800 # above, and ask for extension 5718 (Christine) and talk to her. If you haven't been to school yet, ditto.

CFI "loves" people who like to drive in the Northeast!! And they have lots of freight in that region..... 8) 8)
That's odd... :?:

I was referred by a CFI driver I know to contact Christine. When I spoke with her last week about schooling and working for CFI, she said CT is no longer considered to be within their hiring area. Yet I just saw a link someone posted here at CAD that still had CT listed. Maybe it was just an outdated link? She sent me an info pack, but it did not give a whole lot of info. Particularly explaining more about the hometime...she said I would not be guaranteed to be home in 5 days, or something to that effect, since I lived out of their hiring area.

He!!, I'll drive the NE area...it ain't that bad :? . Then again, I haven't driven a semi here though! Based on what CFI told me, I may just decide to contact Fred about going with TMC...skateboarding sounds like it might be for me.
I almost went to CFI ...But being that I live in Colorado which is out of their hiring area I would have had to sign that hometime waver ,So I opted out ....As to the north East it's just traffic congestion that sux , So making good time ranges from hard to impossible compared to the ease of driving the mid west .
Old 11-18-2006, 12:05 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's

I almost went to CFI ...But being that I live in Colorado which is out of their hiring area I would have had to sign that hometime waver ,So I opted out ....As to the north East it's just traffic congestion that sux , So making good time ranges from hard to impossible compared to the ease of driving the mid west .
What does signing the waiver actually amount to? Is it just no guarantee to be home within a given time period for the requested day(s), or could it leave me 1K miles away from home and be my dime to get there?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA
Quote:

What does signing the waiver actually amount to? Is it just no guarantee to be home within a given time period for the requested day(s), or could it leave me 1K miles away from home and be my dime to get there?
By signing the waiver they don't have to get you home in the time frame they say they will get everyone else home in when they request hjome time ...so it might take a couple weeks to get home after you put in for time off . They said it probably wouldn't be an issue...But I figured if it probably wasn't going to an issue why have a waiver ?
Old 11-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Rookie

Quote:
But I figured if it probably wasn't going to an issue why have a waiver ?
I agree...and what really puzzles me is why would it even be an issue with an OTR driver. If you Xing the country from every direction, what difference does it make where you live.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA
I agree...and what really puzzles me is why would it even be an issue with an OTR driver. If you Xing the country from every direction, what difference does it make where you live.
Spoken like a true gypsy! :wink: