User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 06:34 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Mine was unpaid orientation for 3 days, they provided a motel room, which you will probably have to share with another potential driver. The motel provided a continental breakfast free of charge, no bacon,eggs,or potatoes, but coffee, sweet rolls ,donuts. Lunchtime we would all load up in a van and went to a buffet free of charge, which i ate as much as i could because you were returned back to the motel around 5-5:30 and it was up to you to pay for your own dinner. Of course if you live close enough to orientation terminal none of that matters, i lived 3 hours away and it didn't make sense to go back and forth for 3 days, and if you drive your own car they will probably let you leave it in thier lot and after the first few weeks out with trainer you can get back to your home terminal get in your car and get home right away.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Senior Board Member

See how truckers get silly? lololol You guys are nuckinfuts.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:22 PM
Board Regular

Also, forgot to mention that you are not officially "hired" until after orientation. Several of your classmates will be sent home for failing the physical, drug test, etc. Bring extra cash with you. Most companies will not pay your way home if you get kicked out during orientation.

Don't get caught drinking and partying in the motel. You are there to get a job, not party. You will get sent home for this.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:37 PM

Hey Goldiesplating...???????? An honest question.
Thanks again Larry/CopperCreek...I WAS worried about the return trip being paid or not. Wasn't worried about the drug/felony things but I was curious just in case they don't hire you.
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
R. W. Emerson
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 PM

Larry you know the gig, notice how i said probably have to share a room with a codriver, my roomate got kicked out the first day for some unmentioned misdemeanor, then i had the room to myself. And yes thats very important, even if it's unpaid orientation, and orientation is over, and you drink a couple beers, in the motel on your "off hours" , thats a no-no, becuase as it was explained to me, anytime you are "under company hospices,you are subject to their rules" even after you become a driver and they have to put you up in a motel for a equpiment breakdown ,34 hour reset etc.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2This
Hey Goldiesplating...???????? An honest question.
Thanks again Larry/CopperCreek...I WAS worried about the return trip being paid or not. Wasn't worried about the drug/felony things but I was curious just in case they don't hire you.
There was a guy there who got tossed for admitting drug use. He was sent home with a driver in a truck going his way as a passenger. I'm not sure how else it is handled. I BELIEVE a bus ticket is issued. If you COMPLETE orientation and have to go home to meet your trainer, a rental car is provided. Once hired by TMC, your Grey Hound days are over.