Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   What can I expect in "Oreintation"? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/22188-what-can-i-expect-oreintation.html)

New2This 11-11-2006 06:54 PM

What can I expect in "Oreintation"?

As my username impiles I AM new to all of this...I haven't yet applied to any company just yet. I know each has their own differences....BUT....just what is an "oreintation" and what can I expect? Thanks for any reply.....New

Sealord 11-12-2006 12:38 AM

Orientation

Quick and dirty - fill out lots of paperwork, drug test, physical, fill out lots of paperwork, logbook drills, safety videos, fill out lots of paperwork, check ride, learn company system for maintenance, fueling, tolls, comms, etc., fill out lots of paperwork, and sit an wait.
Or do an archives search here. BOL

Aligator 11-12-2006 02:02 AM

Orientation for my company took about two hours....then I left to join my trainer.
Some companies take days.....they make you watch movies, etc.

New2This 11-12-2006 03:37 PM

Sealord...sorry I didn't realize that there was an archival database...will search there from now on.Paperwork? No Way...lol Thanks guys for the info.

GoldiesPlating 11-14-2006 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aligator
Orientation for my company took about two hours....then I left to join my trainer.

:shock: :shock: :shock: no comment.

11-15-2006 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aligator

:shock: :shock: :shock: no comment.

Hey. that was a comment!

The Killer Rabbit 11-15-2006 03:44 AM

Roehl chained us to the wall in some basement, made us watch movies, sick movies, force fed us, threw us into a truck, said have atr around town, call if we get in trouble, whipped and beat us numerous times, threw heavy things at us if we made mistakes then sent me off with some trainer called fast eddie.

TKR

btw Im kidding

JBenson2 11-15-2006 03:57 AM

The videos can be instructive, especially if there is a discussion about the video. We watched a video of rollovers. The discussion covered the underlying reasons. The usual cause was excessive speed, but other causes were due to cutting a corner too closely with a muddy drop off, other causes involved surge in tankers, and swinging meat in reefers. Yes, they can be gruesome, but they make a strong point.

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-15-2006 10:16 AM

Re: What can I expect in "Oreintation"?

What can I expect in "Oreintation"?

Lies ...And...DECEPTION ... :wink:

11-15-2006 10:20 AM

Re: What can I expect in "Oreintation"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Lies ...And...DECEPTION ... :wink:

Like what? You can have a keg of beer in your truck?