User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2006, 03:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbone79
Deferred prosecution will show on your record. You will need this charge expunged before it will not show on you record.
correct
Old 11-14-2006, 02:57 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanbone79
Deferred prosecution will show on your record. You will need this charge expunged before it will not show on you record.
Any idea on how I can go about "expunge" this mark off my driving record?
Can I still expect to find decent employment as an OTR driver with this on my record from 5 years ago?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOECUTTER
Can I still expect to find decent employment as an OTR driver with this on my record from 5 years ago?
Presuming you had an attorney to get you that "deferred punishment" arrangement your best bet is to contact him (or her, sorry not meaning to be sexist...i just use the generic male to refer to all) If you did not have an attorney you would be well advised to use one for the expungement. Many might argue "it is simple and cheaper to do it yourself" but one should never do anything in the legal arena without competent representation. You would not do an major overhaul on your truck engine having never done it with just an istruction manual and someone's advice that "it is easy!!" would you.
Depending on your venue, the rules can vary wildly regarding the time involved. One thing is pretty certain, you will most probably not be able to be expunged until you have served all of your probation or other "punishment."

Regarding finding "decent" employment, that is problematic. If you follow the threads on here you will see that most companies (especially the "big" ones) don't have any decent OTR jobs...they screw you coming and going. You will have to be the judge. But as for restricting your employability that depends on the indivdual carrier (more correctly their INSURANCE company...my aplogies for the profanity!!!) Some say "no DUI/DWI" EVER...some none in the last 3, 5, 7 or ten years....some no more than 1 in the last 3, 5 7 etc. You get the point....check their requirements before you even bother filling out that ap!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:14 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveler15301
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOECUTTER
Presuming you had an attorney to get you that "deferred punishment" arrangement your best bet is to contact him (or her, sorry not meaning to be sexist...i just use the generic male to refer to all) If you did not have an attorney you would be well advised to use one for the expungement. Many might argue "it is simple and cheaper to do it yourself" but one should never do anything in the legal arena without competent representation. You would not do an major overhaul on your truck engine having never done it with just an istruction manual and someone's advice that "it is easy!!" would you.
Depending on your venue, the rules can vary wildly regarding the time involved. One thing is pretty certain, you will most probably not be able to be expunged until you have served all of your probation or other "punishment."

Regarding finding "decent" employment, that is problematic. If you follow the threads on here you will see that most companies (especially the "big" ones) don't have any decent OTR jobs...they screw you coming and going. You will have to be the judge. But as for restricting your employability that depends on the indivdual carrier (more correctly their INSURANCE company...my aplogies for the profanity!!!) Some say "no DUI/DWI" EVER...some none in the last 3, 5, 7 or ten years....some no more than 1 in the last 3, 5 7 etc. You get the point....check their requirements before you even bother filling out that ap!
Thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Rookie

Both times I have been involved with the law it has been a Defferred judgement. I guess if I wanted to spend the money and time I could get it taken away. What sucks is its 2 different states. Oh well, thats been years ago and doesn't seem to be a problem yet. notice YET. lol
Old 11-14-2006, 07:19 PM

Here in Florida a DUI stays on your driving record 75 years. If I were you , I would get thru the probation wait a while and go to the DMV and get a copy of your driving record. A DUI at least in FL is not only a driving offence but a criminal charge, i.e., a misdemeanor. You may have gotten adjudication witheld or as you call it a defferment which may not appear on your criminal record but i don't see how your DUI could not appear on driving record. i would be forthright and honest about it when apllying at any driving school or driving job because they will check both your criminal and driving record.