Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   New Truck Drivers: Get Help Here (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here-102/)
-   -   Realistic expectations... (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/new-truck-drivers-get-help-here/22137-realistic-expectations.html)

TOECUTTER 11-10-2006 12:57 PM

Realistic expectations...

...in regards to my driving record. A few months from now, I will go back to court to end my probation period from a DUI 5yrs ago that was deferred. From what I understand, a deferred prosecution basically means the DUI will be stripped from my driving records...I hope. Is this true? Will this hurt my chances of being hired as an OTR driver after I finish trucking school?

AmericanTruckTraining 11-10-2006 01:03 PM

Most OTR companies want DUI's to be at least 5 years old. Once it is 5 years old you should be ok whether it is on your record or not. I say this assuming you only have 1 DUI...

TOECUTTER 11-10-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmericanTruckTraining
Most OTR companies want DUI's to be at least 5 years old. Once it is 5 years old you should be ok whether it is on your record or not. I say this assuming you only have 1 DUI...

1st and last DUI :oops:

AmericanTruckTraining 11-10-2006 01:29 PM

You will be qualified for most OTR carriers after 5 years.

Sheepdancer 11-10-2006 01:35 PM

Im not sure its all companies but many of them including us( Jb ), its 5 years from the last probation not the time of offence. Recently I had a driver who got a DWI 9 years ago, but I still couldnt hire him because he just finished paying off his fine last year.

TOECUTTER 11-10-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Im not sure its all companies but many of them including us( Jb ), its 5 years from the last probation not the time of offence. Recently I had a driver who got a DWI 9 years ago, but I still couldnt hire him because he just finished paying off his fine last year.

I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but my understanding is that it will be removed from my driving records once I go to court to finalize my probation. Was the driver's case also defered? I still plan on being forthcoming about it with all recruiters whether it shows up or not on my driving record.
Does my driving record(4 wheels) transfer to DAC?

toner 11-10-2006 05:01 PM

the DAC report is pretty much separate from your state's motor vehicle license report, even though DAC/USIS provide the reports - they don't have any control on what goes on there, it's up to the state.

TOECUTTER 11-10-2006 05:27 PM

Great. Thanks Toner

Sealord 11-10-2006 05:52 PM

Records

The DUI coming off your driving record is one thing. Will the court record also be sealed? Court records are public info and most are on the internet now. BOL

meanbone79 11-11-2006 01:54 PM

Deferred prosecution will show on your record. You will need this charge expunged before it will not show on you record.