User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Very Unusual Case/Possible Legal Action

Drivers,

I have 18 months OTR experience. Due to circumstances beyond my control, my CDL was suspended in April of this year. (See below) Additionally, I have 1 at-fault accident on my DAC, NOT my MVR and 3 "incidents" none of which were my fault. The only way anyone even knows about them is I reported them! Shoot me for being honest! I need help getting back behind the wheel. Nothing against recruiters and online apps, but, I think I have a very unusual case that needs explaining, a feature not usually afforded on the average driver app. Any helpful advice you men and women have for me will be acted upon, and, you will have my undying appreciation. Thanks and I look forward to your advice. Feel free to PM me if you wish to remain anonymous

AS SENT TO VARIOUS COMPANIES

I attended CDL school (C1, St. Louis, MO) in November 2004. Upon graduation, I drove OTR for 18 months before being notified in April 2006, that my CDL was being suspended by the state of WI because of irregularities with the third-party tester utilized by C1. The third-party tester, located in Sikeston, MO was investigated by the state of MO for not administering all the steps required to obtain a CDL. I was not one of the hundreds who were given a license without taking the complete road test, pre-trip, etc...nonetheless, I was lumped in with those and my license was taken from me. I took that as a sign to get out of the industry altogether but, after 6 months in the "business world" I find myself missing the road. My question for you is, do you hire drivers from my area (Milwaukee, WI) and do you have a training program to help me get my CDL license back? I am willing to spend time with a trainer, etc, whatever it takes. I would prefer something regional or dedicated (local?) but realize that OTR is probably more likely. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Board Icon

TwinPack: I can't tell you everything you need to know or do. But, you only asked for advice. As I understand it, that school MAY be the one that was giving CDL's to Muslims who had NOT done the required training. I MIGHT be wrong.

Advice: Call your STATE FMCSA office and talk to someone about it. If it WAS the school I mentioned, I'm SURE you should be able to provide necessary documents, including citizenship and course completion, that MAY get your license restored.

I don't know the full story on this, but I would NOT sit by and not drive due to some companies B.S! Call the MAN! They can tell you if you need to maybe go take a test in another state or something.

Even if the whole school is discredited, and therefore your certificate, all you need is a truck and a DMV office to get another CDL (assuming you GOT the required training.) But, I would want to get credit for the HOURS of instruction, because many companies look at that.

If you don't know how to find your state office, GOOGLE "fmcsa and [your state]"

Keep us posted!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Twinpack

Is the school no longer in business? I agree with what Golf Hobo said. I think your first step before contacting companies will be to get your CDL reinstated!

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 11-07-2006, 12:34 AM

C1 http://www.c1training.com/campus.aspx?campusid=2 is still in business According to what I found on the 'net' the 3rd party tester they used in Sikeston, MO has been shut down. I sent a copy of that email on my original post to DOZENS of trucking companies. For whatever reason, none could, or would, help. GH, first call I make tomorrow is to FMSCA, Thanks
Old 11-07-2006, 12:46 AM

This is what I found. FYI, I took my entire legal test, but, did witness others who did not. I was told "what happens in Sikeston, stays in Sikeston"

http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Stori...etakeexam.aspx
Old 11-07-2006, 12:48 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinPack
C1 http://www.c1training.com/campus.aspx?campusid=2 is still in business According to what I found on the 'net' the 3rd party tester they used in Sikeston, MO has been shut down. I sent a copy of that email on my original post to DOZENS of trucking companies. For whatever reason, none could, or would, help. GH, first call I make tomorrow is to FMSCA, Thanks
And whatever you do.... STOP sending out that email! Wait til you've talked to fmcsa. Besides the possibility that the third party tester is under investigation (If I am right,) you have two other strikes against you. One is that your school was only 120 hours.... many require 140-160, and the other is you are too well spoken! :lol:

While you are waiting to call them tomorrow, get on the net and check the websites of both the fmsca (in your state AND federal) AND the sikeston testing company (if you can) and look for ANY information about the (possible) federal case against them.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Rookie

Just my 2 cents but i would be demanding for the school to retrain me and give me a new test or threaten to sue them for fraud. but thats just me.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Why dont you just take the test on your own? You can rent a truck and you should pass with no problem. Then you have a CDL and 18 mos experience.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Just my 2 cents but i would be demanding for the school to retrain me and give me a new test or threaten to sue them for fraud. but thats just me.
I have, no one will take responsibility and admit they were at fault. I stopped re-payment of my loan, then they said they'd re-train me but I would have to pay my own expenses. I told them they could re-train me (should take about a week to re-familiarize myself with the 105 pt. pre-trip) BUT that they would pay all of my expenses plus lost wages, they refused. Right now it's a stare down, I'm standing on principles.

Quote:
Why dont you just take the test on your own? You can rent a truck and you should pass with no problem. Then you have a CDL and 18 mos experience.
Costs 800 bucks to rent a tractor-trailer in these parts AND now I have no CDL, no CDL, no rental
Old 11-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Senior Board Member

If this had just happened you probably could have talked to your state and current employer and arranged to simply take a new skills test, but since you jumped about the only thing I can see happening now is for you to go back to school somewhere and start all over.

I would think, from a legal standpoint, that the school you attended would not be under any obligation to retrain or retest you unless they had knowledge of the violations of the 3rd party tester before you tested.

That of course is my opinion and I could be wrong since I am not an attorney.