Old 11-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by areyouvi3t
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk132
areyouvi3t doesn't have time to chat and he doesn't care that's why he continues to post. I think its funny how he lols all the time about nothing. If nothing else its entertaining to watch him continue to defend himself but still provides no proof..
thought i'd take a break since i'm stuck in the game at the moment.................
haha i lol all the time because i think it's funny ya'll don't believe me, and making a big deal about it to. you men could've just read my original comment and never think twice about what i make, but had to take it another level and trash me and don't even know the truth, :lol: . but it's alright, i'm getting entertained listening to all the haters on this board.

instead of getting some positive feedback, i get negative vibes......just because i did better for myself, and not settling for the average. i feel bad (especially when i see a swift driver) that we as a whole are underpaid for what we do and go through to keep america running. there are companies out there that understand this, like my boss for instance(very very rich man and caring)he cares about what we want and need and tries his best to get it done for us, we scratch his back, he scratches ours.
amazing how you don't bad mouth the other 2 gentlemen that make 100k, and i only made almost 90k last year............or even the guy that made 130k at my company last year. the reason why i don't provide proof is why?? it's not like my company hires everyday or anything. i'm not going to put my company on blast because you guys "just want to know" it's not important, but if you live in the area and have at least 2 years experience and haven't badmouthed me yet, we'll keep in touch and when there's an opening, i'll hollar at you, and you will thank me. i've been around, and talked to alot of O/O, and even they say to never quit my job, and found a good one. amazing how when i say i make that much in person, i get all the questions of course, but never asked to see my paystub, which i have in my suitcase, but here , i get attacked, lol.

ps. to the concordville guy, you don't know jack obviously, and no, you didn't say my company name either. tojo's aint bad though , 1 of our drivers used to work for them, he said they make more than the major carriers, that's a start for you. country fresh, one of my buddys work there, he's the one that made 130k last year at my company, but he was terminated this year, says he's making 1500.00 a week over at CF, but has to work a little harder than over where i'm at :wink:

lol good come back lol. :roll: Im glad you crack yourself up :roll: :roll:
Old 11-02-2006, 02:19 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

I like where he says "just because i did better for myself, and not settling for the average" but earlier he said "trust me, i didn't even know i was gonna make that much when i started, the company didn't tell me i was gonna make that much, either.......all they told me when i got hired was we get paid by the trip, and a % on the back hauls and all the other usual stuff(detention, layover, meals, breakdown, out of route miles, etc.) so i got lucky and found a really good job" So was it a determined master plan to better yourself, or dumb luck? Or maybe just a load of :dung: Come clean or shut the hell up! No one believes you.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Old 11-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7
I like where he says "just because i did better for myself, and not settling for the average" but earlier he said "trust me, i didn't even know i was gonna make that much when i started, the company didn't tell me i was gonna make that much, either.......all they told me when i got hired was we get paid by the trip, and a % on the back hauls and all the other usual stuff(detention, layover, meals, breakdown, out of route miles, etc.) so i got lucky and found a really good job" So was it a determined master plan to better yourself, or dumb luck? Or maybe just a load of :dung: Come clean or shut the hell up! No one believes you.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
when you drive for a mushroom company, you already ARE better than average, i already knew there was money there, just didn't know how much :lol: you probably drive for a major carrier , that's why you getting hot, LOL

i had to edit this and add this little note that i'm not saying i'm better than you as a human(we are all equal, just some don't have higher goals), i'm just saying i'm getting paid better than you, if you happen to work for a large carrier 8) . no disrespect, i'm a respectful being..........even on the net..........even if you bad mouth me
Old 11-02-2006, 02:39 AM
Senior Board Member

First off, here's a word of advice my father told me many, many years ago, and it still hold s true today. "It's NOT how much money you make, it's what you do with the money you do make."......so, quite honestly, this who makes what really don't mean "jack $hit"..........

I know personally have neighbors and friends of mine who "net" over $250.000 annually, and if the truth were known.......they couldn't raise $5000.00 cash, if their lives depended on it.........they pizz away every dime they make, thinking there is no tomorrow, without saving a dime for emergencies or later when their productive years are gone......it doesn't matter what industry one is in.....if you live beyond your means,, you will fall in this category.

Here's another little fact of life.............like it or not, to many people are to busy making a living, to ever make any money.....sad but true...the world is full of people who worked hard their entire lives, just to end up being broke or living day to day, week to week just existing.......

What someone else makes don't mean a damn thing, doesn't put one piece of bread on your table........So instead of worry what the other guy makes, start worrying about what you make and are you utilizing what you do make to your advantage............personally myself.........I didn't want to work until I was so friggin old, I could no longer appreciate what little we had accumulated.....as a direct result, I now drive a truck because I want to, not, because I have to.

I would be embarrassed to even tell many of you what little I make driving a truck...........and it ain't NOWHERE near $60.000-$130.000 annual range....in my opinion, anyone who makes what I do, would be classified by the Government as "the working poor".....yet, I am actually paid much more than some in this industry.....thank God, as fairly young as I am, I don't depend on what I make driving a truck.....

I'm certainly not trying to impress anyone, I am trying to impress upon you, what someone else makes driving a truck or any other job......doesn't mean you are, as a matter of fact....it don't mean "Jack $hit".......plus, this is the "Internet". I could be a "skid row" wino, prove me wrong........you want to see my "MD 20/20" receipts. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 11-02-2006, 02:49 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

OK what's so special about hauling mushrooms? I'm not being sarcastic I really want to know. :?:
Old 11-02-2006, 02:56 AM
Board Regular

For some reason he just cant drop it . Blows me away. What are you trying to prove :?: I'm not being sarcastic either. Just wondering why dose it matter what we think :?: . And please don't say you don't care :!:
Old 11-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore Farms Forever
Here's another little fact of life.............like it or not, to many people are to busy making a living, to ever make any money.....sad but true...the world is full of people who worked hard their entire lives, just to end up being broke or living day to day, week to week just existing.......

What someone else makes don't mean a damn thing, doesn't put one piece of bread on your table........So instead of worry what the other guy makes, start worrying about what you make and are you utilizing what you do make to your advantage.
you make me wanna cry because it's so true........i am the main provider for my family of 4 and don't see alot being saved, lol. you have alot of wisdom. no wonder your successful. :wink:
Old 11-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
no wonder your successful. :wink:
To me, success is having a wife and grown children who love me..........in spite of myself.......what else is important, nothing after all is said and done.

That is how I define success.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:03 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Quote:
good morning folks, haha you guys still at it i see, lol. personally, i really don't care if you believe me or not, it's not like your opinion affects my bank account, lol. I know what the majority of you company drivers make and it's tough to cross even 60k working the whole year! so, i know it's gonna sound ironic to you all. trust me, i didn't even know i was gonna make that much when i started, the company didn't tell me i was gonna make that much, either.......all they told me when i got hired was we get paid by the trip, and a % on the back hauls and all the other usual stuff(detention, layover, meals, breakdown, out of route miles, etc.) so i got lucky and found a really good job. we only have about 35 drivers. when i started, i asked some fellow drivers will i gross over 1k a week, and they just laughed and said "you will net over that a week. the local drivers gross 1k."
and yoopr, we do have quit a few X owner ops that work for us. they are happy cause they don't have to deal with the stresses of being one and getting paid good and not having to be out for months.
to the pittsburgh dude, all i gotta say is if you do a little more research, you will find out who i work for, asking my company how much you can make working here, your gonna get a blank answer, cause everyone makes different amounts, but all gross over 50k, even the local guys. i do the big run, so i get paid more :wink:

everything sounds so sweet to be true, i know, but there are some bad sides now.............
1. we slip seat
2.we have to layover on certain runs
3.we PAY for our insurance, dental, diability, etc.
4.we have limited time to get to other driver waiting for trailer
5.multiple stops(i got 7)........usually in the city
6.we bust our butt
7.no time to b.s. and enjoy the area

just look at that and tell me what kind of driver would do all that for the normal pay?
at least when i come in to work every week, everyone greets me by my first name .
Yep-Too sweet to be true.
watcha doing in Dallas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One
I had to threaten a blck doode at the FingJ in dallas,tx on time with my winchbar cause i caught him eyeing my tarps.....
Does that make this list? lol
this board has the spell check option
you are insane yoopr, i never been in the state of texas......IN MY LIFE! never even drove a flatbed either.... you are a serious trip for real. not to mention, that aint my post on the bottom!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:06 AM
Board Icon