User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 10:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default It's "Official", AFF is a total IDIOT.

:lol: :lol: DISREGARD THIS POST....a "TOTAL CERTIFIED IDIOT" POSTED IT :lol: :lol:

After two years with a company I absolutely love working for and over 700,000 verifiable miles behind me, It seems that I just might be terminated on Monday because of my own stupidity.

After I retired from my previous profession in Sports Marketing after 22-years.........I always knew I would go back to trucking again, I love it that much, except on my terms, not someone else's........When applying to different companies, even though I was well qualified and experienced, I kept hearing that, "Because of their past experience, it is common for someone with my qualifications and education level to leave within six months."........so, when filling out applications, I decided to say that I had a "High School" diploma, instead of a College Degree...........well, it seems my company has found out and after almost two years, the "Gig" is up, I have to come in and see the owner of the Company on Monday afternoon............I'll probably be canned, it happens all the time, people lying on their applications and the company finding out after they are hired........I hope not, I love it there.

I love it there, because it is a total "Cluster f- -k"and I use it as cheap Entertainment......it sure isn't the $$'s, I'm embarrassed to even tell you that I make less than $15.00 per hour when driving local (150-miles or less from company)........, we have more Chiefs than Indians........ unfortunately, I have NO desire to be one and I don't take crap from any of these "Prima-Dona's".....I'm just a dumb-azz truck driver and have no problem telling those who deserve it, go impress yourself with your "Boss" roll, Homey, don't play that game..........One would never know that the primary language is English............5-different languages are spoken there, It's like the United Nations.........it is a total trip.............another reason I work there, I love the majority of the people, no matter what their home country is, I have always treated them with respect and have made quite a few friends.......unfortunately, it seems that the Mexicans have no desire to learn English, even though FREE class's available at company expense...........and the main reason I love working there, my boss (company owner) is one of the finest people I have EVER had the privilege to work for......he treat each and every person with respect and dignity, no matter where they came from, or their position within the company (we have about 100-employees)..............plus, I work 8-weeks and take off 3-weeks doesn't hurt either..........he doesn't pay worth a crap, but, so what.

I really would hate to lose this job because of my own stupidity...........oh yea, we don't use DAC, so I could care less about that.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Senior Board Member

So you have TOO much education huh?

Seems strange in an industry where drivers are in such demand that you would be terminated for that reason....PLUS...you've been at this job for quite some while now and they certainly know what kind of a worker you are for them...AND that you indeed have NOT left after 6 months like other's thought.

I hope you are not fired...good luck!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Seems a bit extreme to fire someone who omitted some education. Get your side of the story out before he says the words "you're fired." Perhaps you can change his mind. On the other hand since he found out you have an education, he could offer you another job in management.
Old 10-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
So you have TOO much education huh?

Seems strange in an industry where drivers are in such demand that you would be terminated for that reason....PLUS...you've been at this job for quite some while now and they certainly know what kind of a worker you are for them...AND that you indeed have NOT left after 6 months like others thought.

I hope you are not fired...good luck!!!
Thanks Geoman...................the problem we have here is that I am "ASSUMING", this is why he wants to see me...........I have absolutely nothing to back it up.......normally, when he makes an appointment....something usually is not up to par..............I posted it here, because my wife thinks I'm a total "Idiot" :lol: for even worrying about it, and most of all, bothering her all day with the "poor, Poor me's" :lol: :lol:
Old 10-28-2006, 10:39 PM

Hey Admore---Can't sweat what you can't change. You never know...He may be offering you $15.25....Hell, if you went to Harvard he may even offer $15.30....sorry...Hope all goes well for you.
P.S. Keep those great posts and visuals coming...
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
R. W. Emerson
Old 10-28-2006, 10:40 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

sorry I missed your Call-If it's about this try again but give me a warning :P I was hunting Partridge.
PS-Your Wife is Right :P
Old 10-28-2006, 10:54 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Uh oh, think I'm getting fired on Monday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore Farms Forever
.......unfortunately, it seems that the Mexicans have no desire to learn English, even though FREE class's available at company expense............

I find this hard to believe :shock: as most Mexicans that come to the U.S. are usually just falling over themselves to learn American customs and traditions ...as well as English so that they become an active part of American society.....

it sounds like you must have just run into the "MINORITY" of Mexicans that come to the United States with no intention of ever becoming assimilated into U.S. culture .....who never learn or at least hardly ever speak English ...fly foreign flags off their porch's and cars ...gather in the streets at odd times of the year like the 5th of may like it's a national holiday or something I've checked the calender and like I thought there isn't a U.S. holiday on the 5Th of may.....Is the 5Th of may like the anniversary of the Welfare Check or something ..And that's what they are gathering in the streets on the 5Th of may celebrating ???? :wink: :lol:
Old 10-28-2006, 11:12 PM

Hey now BIG JEEP...mind what you say or you may just piss off Presidente Fox and then he would oppose any fence along the U. S. border. Oh wait he already does...nevermind...lmao
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
R. W. Emerson
Old 10-28-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

O.K..............It's "OFFICIAL". I am a total "IDIOT"...............I have no problem admitting it...........even though I am "King" in mt Castle..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:...it seems that my wife has had enough of my moping around and feeling sorry for myself all day...........I think I might have pushed her "Button" one to many times with my self-induced pity-party.................THAT WOMAN, had the nerve to pick up MY cell phone and called my immediate boss, then promptly handed me the phone and said in a not so kind manner............ASK HIM, DON'T KEEP BOTHERING ME WITH YOU BS............uh oh.. ops: ops: ops: ops:

NEVERMIND..................When I asked my boss, he starts to laugh, even though he seemed not to happy I called him during a football game.............I'm not being fired, it seems my company owner wants to discuss what I feel is needed in a new Tractor-trailer, since we just bought a 2007 International with an Automatic transmission (I love it) about a week ago and I've been driving it......and he is wanting to get another and wants my opinion.......NEVERMIND.

I can only say that this is one of the 14-crisis's I've had this year..........fortunately, only one of then turned out to be real, the rest were self-induced because of fearing the unknown..................what can I say other than, I'm a total IDIOT and NEVERMIND. :lol: :lol:

Oh yea.......anyone who believes he is "King in his Castle" is either a nutcase or he's not married.

The way I look at it.........if you can't laugh at yourself...whats the use of living.......can't be right all the time.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2This
Hey now BIG JEEP...mind what you say or you may just piss off Presidente Fox and then he would oppose any fence along the U. S. border. Oh wait he already does...nevermind...lmao

It could be worse they might start prosecuting Border guards for firing their weapons at criminals Illegally crossing the border trying to smuggle drugs into the U.S.........and then letting that criminal file a suite for 5 million dollars for being wounded from the warning shot...Oh wait a minute :shock: ops: this has already taken place...