User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Too funny Admore...glad to see you get to keep that dream(?) job...lol...Heck if I HAD a wife I'm pretty sure she would demand OTR. Be greatful you have a "Better Half".
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
R. W. Emerson
Old 10-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2This
Too funny Admore...glad to see you get to keep that dream(?) job...lol..
.to me driving a truck is a dream job......I actually still look forward to getting up each day an wondering in anticipation what that day will bring..........I use to actually get paid what most people would consider serious money to attend "Professional Sporting Events".............after a while, it got to be where I dreaded going to work, even though I can't tell you how many thousands of times I've heard, "Josh, you have a dream job."...............all depends on how you look at it, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2This
Be greatful you have a "Better Half".
Here's the deal.............I'm full of $hit, and I know it. :lol: :lol: :lol: She's been putting up with my "off-the-wall" attitude for 32-years.......thank you, I'm blessed and not a day goes by that I'm not grateful........best thing that ever happened to me.

This should tell you something how grateful I am..............I swear to God, when I first met her, me being the sometimes funny guy that I am...........the first thing out of my mouth was: Hi, I'm going to tell you a joke that will make you laugh your tits off, Oh, excuse me, I can see you've already heard it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thats all it took.........she was mine. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-29-2006, 12:49 AM
Board Regular

Ardmore Farms Forever I have not been a member here very long but would like to say that you have to be one of the most funny writers I have ever seen.

Glad to see you kept your job.

Ps. autos are for sissies.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Rookie

Sometimes, "bosses" fear someone who is more qualified than they are, someone who might just leap over them without going through thier little pecking order first. It happens. I'm a master auto tech, and I don't know if I want to advertise that, because they will know I have an alternative career, that can pay more.

I am now in trucking school. I have been turning wrenches for the past 8 years, and highly qualified. Automotive took a nose dive, but there are still jobs. When looking for something, I just stated I wanted something, but it seems they only want me as a Master Tech, meanwhile, a kid who knows nothing but brakes, oil, and hoses and belts has a job making good money, but that job isn't open to me, because I am a master tech. So, I was doing all the hard work at this one company, while this kid was making more money doing simple work. Messed up.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Wish I could have seen the look on your wife's face when you handed the phone back.... :P
Old 10-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Technically, not listing your college degree on your job application would not necessarily constitute a falsification of your application, it would simply be an incomplete disclosure.

Now, save the wear and tear on your keyboards, I can already see the responses coming;

It WOULD be a falsification, because you are asked to state your HIGHEST LEVEL of education completed.
Ahh!!!!!; but there in lies the rub!!! A technicality in it's grandest fashion!!!

You may have attended college, and you may have earned a degree; but TECHNICALLY SPEAKING, in the process, you may not have really learned anything at all!!! Sooooo!!!! Technically, you could argue that since you didn't learn anything, and since you managed to pass little more than gas during your college career, then having that college degree does not in and of itself signify higher education!!!

After all, some people went to HIGH SCHOOL!!!
ME??? I just went to SCHOOL HIGH!!!!

BTW AFF, I sent you a P.M. 8)
Old 10-29-2006, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NascarFan
Ps. autos are for sissies.
Uh, go back through my post...........I said a hell of a lot worse than they are for "sissies"..................I think that once, I actually proclaimed that anyone who drove an "Auto" ................"Cross-dresses" on certain weekends. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (not quite that bad, any story I do is worth embellishing)

If that statement held true after running in the new truck all week.........all I can say is "Get me some dresses", plus, I would be one handsome devil in a dress, I'm sure........... :lol: :lol: :lol: You have no idea how nice it is NOT to have your knee worn out sitting in 5:00 PM traffic on I-285 in Atlanta trying to get out with foot on the clutch 98% of the time.

BTW..........if I made any derogatory remarks on any post about "Auto-trans" to anyone reading this...................I WAS ONLY JOKING.......can't you take a joke? :lol: :lol: