User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 07:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

:lol: not me i just go to the shirt trees and pick the 1 that is ripe at med. / lg. arty: drawers is hard to pick tho, to green a rash, to ripe a rash. :lol:
Old 10-20-2006, 06:59 AM

Make sure you wear flip flops while in the shower, don't go bear footed!

Far as feces in the shower, I have been at a couple of truckstops waiting for a shower and the cleaning person has came out pissed because some trucker $hit in the shower. Then they want to know why we are treated the way we are.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:19 PM
Default Re: showers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I suppose for the Crete driver, though you are too busy running your butt off for a pittance, that you have no time for hotels, and can't afford it anyway. :lol:
pittance? My check last week was $1258, I ran 2997 paid miles, I suppose if you consider that running your butt off :roll:

Yeah I'm sure you make more money then me, you wanna cookie? I don't think $60K a year is too shabby for someone with 1 year experience.

You dont tell people what your truck payments and insurance premiums are do you? :lol: That might work with someone with zero knowledge of how the industry works but not me, son.

All I do is run down the road without a care in the world and collect my check on friday.

And whats the percentage of hotels/motels that have truck parking? Not very high.

I don't have $28 to throw away when I can shower at a (albeit crappy) Pilot for free.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: showers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I suppose for the Crete driver, though you are too busy running your butt off for a pittance, that you have no time for hotels, and can't afford it anyway. :lol:
pittance? My check last week was $1258, I ran 2997 paid miles,
I wasn't aware that Crete started out drivers at $0.42 + per mile. :roll:

2997 paid miles = about 3300-3400 actual miles. :lol:

Quote:
I suppose if you consider that running your butt off :roll:
Yes I do.

Quote:
Yeah I'm sure you make more money then me, you wanna cookie?
Oatmeal, please - Crunchy, not chewy.

Quote:
I don't think $60K a year is too shabby for someone with 1 year experience.
$60K per year on a trucker's calculator = about $40K a year on a real caclulator.

$60,000 per year / $1258 = about 48 weeks a year on the road.

Since the 1st of January, I've had 11 weeks off, and I'll get another 4 weeks off in December. And I'll clear more than $60,000.

Quote:
You dont tell people what your truck payments and insurance premiums are do you? :lol:
Sure I do. I've done it several times on this forum. Truck payment is $2558, insurance runs about $700 per month for everything but my medical and dental (something I bet you don't have).

Quote:
That might work with someone with zero knowledge of how the industry works but not me, son.
1 year makes you a rookie.

Quote:
All I do is run down the road without a care in the world and collect my check on friday.
Oh yay - another "professional" without a care in the world.

Quote:
And whats the percentage of hotels/motels that have truck parking? Not very high.
You would be surprised at how many do.

Quote:
I don't have $28 to throw away when I can shower at a (albeit crappy) Pilot for free.
But I thought you were sitting high and mighty, earning $60K per year? :roll: I'll gladly take a hotel shower over a truckstop shower any day, but the shower I love the best is the one at home.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

after being on the Road for awhile you'll know where to stop and where Not to Stop.
Some showers at Good truck stops are Spotless and Clean.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Thanks for all the replies. not real sure i'm excited about fungus covered floors, but i guess i can take one for the team everynow and then.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Senior Board Member

terrible herbst' truck stop in nevada is immaculate, I80 can have its spotless moments, flying hook in denver is usually pretty good, if theres a petro around ya they`ll usually be the cleanest out of the big 4, I never stop in pilot or TA though.

and you and your wife can each claim 52$ a day living expenses on your taxes, stay in a hotel and have the accountant write it off.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
and you and your wife can each claim 52$ a day living expenses on your taxes, stay in a hotel and have the accountant write it off.
Actually, the $52 a day is for meals. Hotels are a write off completely seperate of that $52 a day.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:56 PM

LOL 15 weeks off a year, I'm sure.

$2,558 x 15 weeks = $38,370

plus insurance 4 months at $700 is $2800

total: $41,170 that you have to come up with out of your pocket, but I suppose thats pocket change to you huh? :lol:

I think people can see right through your BS. The difference between what you and I post is: I post the truth.

No I don't think that I'm living high and mighty at $60k a year. I left an office job making $70K a year to do this. I have a good chunk of change in the bank and could buy your pete outright. But I dont have to prove anything to you or anyone else on this board. Don't think for one minute that my lack of driving experience makes me naive. I did my homework before I left my secure office job to do this. I've spoke to many many o/o's because I have been considering buying a truck and doing it myself (hauling cars) and it's about 50/50. The guys who make it are business savvy, they're good with their money, they dont waste money on chrome, big radios and lot lizards. They eat out of a cooler, hardly ever at a 'barfay'

You brag because you have more experience than me? Oh well, I'm gonna sit tight until I can swing a union LTL job and be home every night. I suppose you came out of the womb (or test tube) holding a steering wheel. :idea: I aspire to acheive more in life but find truck driving satisfying enough to stick with it.

What I meant by not having a care in the world is, I don't have to worry about truck payments, insurance premiums, my truck breaking down, someone taking off my hood at a truck stop while I sleep, or a tire blowing. That statement had nothing to do with the motoring public around me.

"Some people are against drunk driving, and I call those people "the cops." But you know, sometimes, you've just got no choice; those kids gotta get to school. " Dave Attell
Old 10-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crete_drvr
LOL 15 weeks off a year, I'm sure.

$2,558 x 15 weeks = $38,370
You really have a comprehension problem, don't you?

$2558 PER MONTH

There is NOWHERE in this business where someone would have a truck payment of $2558 per week. :roll: Your research is lacking, apparently.

Quote:
I think people can see right through your BS. The difference between what you and I post is: I post the truth.
Yeah, right. :roll:

Quote:
No I don't think that I'm living high and mighty at $60k a year. I left an office job making $70K a year to do this. I have a good chunk of change in the bank and could buy your pete outright.
Sure you could. Uh huh.

Quote:
But I dont have to prove anything to you or anyone else on this board. Don't think for one minute that my lack of driving experience makes me naive. I did my homework before I left my secure office job to do this. I've spoke to many many o/o's because I have been considering buying a truck and doing it myself (hauling cars) and it's about 50/50. The guys who make it are business savvy, they're good with their money, they dont waste money on chrome, big radios and lot lizards. They eat out of a cooler, hardly ever at a 'barfay'
I better get a pair of waders. It's getting pretty deep in here.

Quote:
You brag because you have more experience than me? Oh well, I'm gonna sit tight until I can swing a union LTL job and be home every night. I suppose you came out of the womb (or test tube) holding a steering wheel. :idea:
Nope. This is nothing more than a job. I could leave the business tomorrow, and not miss it. I'm not married to my job.

Quote:
What I meant by not having a care in the world is, I don't have to worry about truck payments, insurance premiums, my truck breaking down, someone taking off my hood at a truck stop while I sleep, or a tire blowing. That statement had nothing to do with the motoring public around me.
Truck payments and insurance payments are nothing, if the job can warrant them.

You have the same worries as a company driver as everyone else does regarding break downs, accidents, and tires blowing - they stop you from earning. If you were as "business savvy" as you claim to be, you would already know this.