User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

GREAT addition ! ! ! Being a student and wanting to get some idea as to just exactly what I want to go into, this is a superb starting point. Will definitely save time. Thanks alot Capt. America[/i][/b]
Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
R. W. Emerson
Old 11-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Rookie
Default missing something

I think those sites are great and provide a lot of information, but i think there is something missing.

I would like to see companies listed as either having AUTOMATIC shift trucks or MANUAL shift trucks.. Especially now that schneider is going 100% fully automatic begginning 2007.

But it took me too much researching time on the internet to find that out.. gave me a dam headache..

I base my decision HIGHLY on which "shift" a company uses. And personally i favor AUTOMATICS because they are so much safer and easier.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:55 AM

there was a site where you could practice backing using your computer keyboard. I saw the link to it on here, but cant find it now. maybe someone else knows of one.

I would like to find a reference book for all the mechanical stuff - airbrakes and so forth especially what you might see on a license test
Old 12-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum squat
there was a site where you could practice backing using your computer keyboard. I saw the link to it on here, but cant find it now. maybe someone else knows of one.

http://www.transport-tech.com/

click on the link below the $$$ banner and and above the blue sky
Old 01-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

wow is kinda kewl, would be nice if you added a columb if they are flatbed , dry van, reeefer or uh hmmmm ya pretty kewl tthough
Old 01-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Rookie

If this has been mentioned forgive my newbieness to the forum... pet policy might be a good addition too as more drivers opt to take Fido or Sylvester along.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:17 PM
Rookie
Default Re: missing something

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyv450
I think those sites are great and provide a lot of information, but i think there is something missing.

I would like to see companies listed as either having AUTOMATIC shift trucks or MANUAL shift trucks.. Especially now that schneider is going 100% fully automatic begginning 2007.

But it took me too much researching time on the internet to find that out.. gave me a dam headache..

I base my decision HIGHLY on which "shift" a company uses. And personally i favor AUTOMATICS because they are so much safer and easier.
I agree with you 100% , Automatic shift makes life a lot easier driving small cars, driving trucks with Automatic shift is like walking on the beach !!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 03:12 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk997
Quote:

I agree with you 100% , Automatic shift makes life a lot easier driving small cars, driving trucks with Automatic shift is like walking on the beach !!!!
In 30 yrs driving trucks shifting gears has never bothered me in the least. I wonder why people would make their decision on a company to work for based on the trans? Shifting breaks the dull day of a driver! I think they should offer to these drivers a option for automated driver dummy to do their work for them…lol Like coldfrostymug says you should do the least amount of work, and make more money than the president….lol
This equates to the great american way of thinking, somebody owes you a living....lol Go figure..........
Old 04-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Board Icon

Two more "Wusses" on the road!! Yech! :roll:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssoutlaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by hk997
Quote:

In 30 yrs driving trucks shifting gears has never bothered me in the least. I wonder why people would make their decision on a company to work for based on the trans? Shifting breaks the dull day of a driver! I think they should offer to these drivers a option for automated driver dummy to do their work for them…lol Like coldfrostymug says you should do the least amount of work, and make more money than the president….lol
This equates to the great american way of thinking, somebody owes you a living....lol Go figure..........

I don't think they owe me a living just get out of the way to make it easy for me..