Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
It's goin' to hell fast. :cry:
I cant agree with you more. i told my dad i got robbed i wish i grew up in the 50's or 60's when the world seem more normal every one is crazy nowadays. It is a sad thing what happen in Lancaster ain't that far away from me maybe 15 miles. I hate to see the world another 30 years from now. :cry:
I don't know if the world is getting worse or if the atrocities are getting better (?) press.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
I no longer understand... nor even RECOGNIZE this world we live in!!
That's an interesting statement. You know EVERY generation said the SAME thing! Could things have REALLY been this bad in our youth, JUST because Elvis wiggled his hips??

You know what I mean. Is our perspective just different because of the 24 hour media? Or have WE let things get out of control??

We're the smartest, most highly technological society to EVER walk the face of Earth. WHY, oh WHY... do we insist on shooting ourselves in the foot?

Does anyone ELSE see that "sexuality" has become our Achilles Heel?

Or is it something ELSE?

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Being a moderator, many times I have to bite my tongue.

No-balled little pissant coward. I hope he burns in hell.
Don't worry. He will. :twisted:

Even mods have to blow off steam sometime.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas
Damn. This country's on a roll. :sad: This is the 3rd deadly school shooting in just one week!!

This kind of think is becoming a bit too common. Not good, not good at all. :sad:
And 5 just in the last 30 days. The number of school shootings is going up every year. Even worse, the so called "EXPERTS" say there is no way to stop it.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/15105984/?GT1=8618

Old 10-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Windwalker how would you stop it :?: If a crazy nut has his mind set to do something fu*ked up like that he will. Unless you lock down the schools like prison.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
Damn. This country's on a roll. :sad: This is the 3rd deadly school shooting in just one week!!

This kind of think is becoming a bit too common. Not good, not good at all. :sad:
And 5 just in the last 30 days. The number of school shootings is going up every year. Even worse, the so called "EXPERTS" say there is no way to stop it.

I thought so schools had metal detectors and whatnot? :?: All the freakin' rules for nothin.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Well, this one was an Amish one-room school. Didn't even have electricity! Straight out of the 1800's...what on earth would possess this P.O.S. to go after an Amish school?!?

Old 10-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:

I thought so schools had metal detectors and whatnot? :?: All the freakin' rules for nothin.
The major inner city schools have the metal detectors. The "It could never happen here" schools don't. I think that the federal govt should make it mandatory for ALL schools to get them and to hire a security guard to monitor the detectors with a direct link to the LEOs like the banks have.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Quote:
Quote:
I no longer understand... nor even RECOGNIZE this world we live in!!
That's an interesting statement. You know EVERY generation said the SAME thing! Could things have REALLY been this bad in our youth, JUST because Elvis wiggled his hips??

You know what I mean. Is our perspective just different because of the 24 hour media? Or have WE let things get out of control??

We're the smartest, most highly technological society to EVER walk the face of Earth. WHY, oh WHY... do we insist on shooting ourselves in the foot?

Does anyone ELSE see that "sexuality" has become our Achilles Heel?

Or is it something ELSE?
For what it's worth... I grew up BEFORE this "SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD" movement became popular. I had my pants "dusted" many times when I was a kid. And, no matter how bad I felt about someone in school, taking a gun and blowing anyone away was about the LAST thing I would have considered doing. Today, there is NO CORRECTION until AFTER they "do onto others".

Old 10-02-2006, 11:36 PM
Board Icon

Windwalker said:

Quote:
For what it's worth... I grew up BEFORE this "SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD" movement became popular. I had my pants "dusted" many times when I was a kid. And, no matter how bad I felt about someone in school, taking a gun and blowing anyone away was about the LAST thing I would have considered doing. Today, there is NO CORRECTION until AFTER they "do onto others".
So did I, Wind. As a preacher's son, who loved to "cut up" on the back row at church, I've been "blistered" by every form of pussywillow branch, hickory stick and leather belt! I didn't LIKE it... but I learned about "consequences." I was also somewhat smaller when I was young, and different, so I've been beaten and shamed by bullies all my life.

Did I grab a gun and start shooting??? NO! Like you said, it never even ocurred to me! So what is different now?

Is it the 24hr news media who glorify and sensationalize every instance of violence in this country? Or is it something else?

I say it is the lack of control, moderation, and regulation of VIDEO GAMES that desensitize our youth to the consequences of being "blown away" by guns, and the exhaltation of those who score highest by killing the most "targets."

Were GUNS any less scarce when WE were young? NO. Were there any less BULLIES? No. Were principals and teachers any less caring? NO. Were young girls any less coquettish? NO! Were parents any less distracted? No. So.... what is different?

It is the glory and the challenge of KILLING people who mean NOTHING to you, as some truckers and MOST kids do EVERY day on video games!

Give a 4 year old kid an "L" shaped stick today, and see if he doesn't start pointing it and going BANG! Where did he learn that? [Saw this on a news clip last night... not even related to the problem!]

I'm not saying I didn't play Cowboys and Indians when I was a kid. I DID! But, I never saw the glory of the blood and destruction that is shown on video games today.

If we don't WAKE UP and understand the MENTAL development of children today, we are destined for MORE of this "carnage." Think back to every shooting episode that has made the news in the last 20 years. How many of them involved people OVER 50 years of age? Very few. I am 50, and I grew up with PONG! Shortly after that... I dropped out because I couldn't hang. Now... how many killers have been YOUNGER than me? About 90% of them!

What happened in between? The computer revolution.... and the onset of bloody video games.

I could be WRONG, folks. It's JUST a theory! YOU be the judge... and, if you have children... YOU make your OWN decisions. But, don't be surprised if I hold YOU responsible. Unless, of course, you can give me a clue to a BETTER culprit!

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.