Old 10-03-2006, 11:22 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
"Reality is that prisons weren't ALL that much tougher 50 years ago! It has been proven MANY times over that punishment is NO deterrent. Not even the death penalty"

I can absolutly guarantee that a murder, put to death, will never kill again.
That's the problem. That's the way it works now. The REAL solution is to bring up our children with the proper values and respect so that they don't have to be put to death. Think about the difference between PREVENTION and CURE.The DEATH PENALTY is a cure. What is the cost in terms of lives to reach that point? Teaching them to respect the right of others to live (as garranteed by our Constitution) regardless of race, creed, or color, might be considered a cure. How much could that reduce the cost in terms of human lives?
I see it pretty much the same way I see our border problem. Get rid of the illegals, immediatly stop them from crossing the border, then let's find out the underlying reasons they are leaving their countries for ours. For murders, have a very quick trial and appeal process then publically kill them. There is no sense in letting them live in prison, on my dime ,for the next lifetime or two.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

There was an article about "10 MYTHS OF SCHOOL SHOOTINGS". First of all, they have NOT COME UP WITH ANY DIFINITE PROFILE. No matter what they come up with, no more than 30% of the shooters fit. Some have bad grades, and some have excellent grades. Some are loners, some are not. Nothing fits so far. Some dress like "whackos", some do not. Some are "fringe", and some are not. They have not come up with a way to predict who will and who will not. No matter what kind of profile they come up with, the vast majority of students, and others, that fit the profile, will not do anything like it. They can't pin it down, and they do not know who to look for.

It almost looks like they need to have school security guards go through NAVY SEAL TRAINING. But, how many per school? In one school, the security guard was shot too, and in another, the police officer assigned to guard the school was away on police business. Metal detectors don't stop them either. Now, what do you do?

They think the PA shooting may have been a "copycat" of the CO shooting because of the girls, and the molesting. People with far better credentials can't figure it out, what are we supposed to do?

Old 10-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
There was an article about "10 MYTHS OF SCHOOL SHOOTINGS". First of all, they have NOT COME UP WITH ANY DIFINITE PROFILE. No matter what they come up with, no more than 30% of the shooters fit. Some have bad grades, and some have excellent grades. Some are loners, some are not. Nothing fits so far. Some dress like "whackos", some do not. Some are "fringe", and some are not. They have not come up with a way to predict who will and who will not. No matter what kind of profile they come up with, the vast majority of students, and others, that fit the profile, will not do anything like it. They can't pin it down, and they do not know who to look for.

It almost looks like they need to have school security guards go through NAVY SEAL TRAINING. But, how many per school? In one school, the security guard was shot too, and in another, the police officer assigned to guard the school was away on police business. Metal detectors don't stop them either. Now, what do you do?

They think the PA shooting may have been a "copycat" of the CO shooting because of the girls, and the molesting. People with far better credentials can't figure it out, what are we supposed to do?
You arm the willing teachers to carry. Just about every state has programs in place for military members to get a teaching certificate. Give them additional training, arm them and let them protect students.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:

You arm the willing teachers to carry. Just about every state has programs in place for military members to get a teaching certificate. Give them additional training, arm them and let them protect students.
These kids are not stupid. Arm the teachers, and that will be their FIRST TARGET. There are indications that it isn't a spur of the moment thing. They don't just go over the edge. In many of the cases, they planned it. They don't just walk in and start shooting. It's sort of like: "Direct their abilities against AL QUEDA, and we'll stand to defeat terrorism in less than a year. Instances like CO and PA might have been stopped by this, but not all of them. For that matter, the "old order Amish" would not allow it, if they don't even allow a phone in the school. One of the teachers had to run to a local farm to make the call for help. They certainly will not allow an armed teacher.

Old 10-04-2006, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: Somewhere between Western Canada and Texas/California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer

It's so far beyond sad that there is simply no words to describe it...
Or any way to understand it.

Or any way to forgive it.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:58 AM

this peice of trash has nothing to do with truck drivers....He could've just as easily been a mailman or ups man or whatever.
I feel for the dead (victims)and for his family.....The next thing to come out is this guy is gonna be some kinda veteran...Ihope not ...but it wouldn't surprise me if the uppity liberal media tried to blame this on uneducated,mentally distraught,miltary vet truckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
This is a very sad situation. Was the driver Amish? (I didn't click the link - watching on TV.)

No, the driver was not Amish; he picked the Amish school because it was an easy target.

Sounds like he was about to lose his job, and ability to feed his kids, over a random drug screen, I don't know. Maybe, he blew a joint 29 days ago and was worried about it showing up?

They say it was retribution for something that happened 20 years ago... when he was 12! :shock:

What could THAT be?? Was he maybe an alter boy in the Catholic church?

The answer is unclear; he has reportedly confessed to molesting children, so based upon what I know of pedophiles, (I am a sexual abuse survivor!!) the odds are extremely high that he was, in fact, sexually abused as a child and/or as an adolescent.

Or a PAGE for Rep. Foley??? :roll:

Like I always said... GUNS don't kill people, crazy Amish truckers with guns do!
Golf, I know that you mean to be funny here, but I do want to emphasize that the Amish girls, and the Amish people were the victims here; this person had NO ties to the Amish Community, not did they have any ties to him.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:15 PM
Board Icon

Useless: Yes, of course you are right. How insensitive of me! Of course, the facts were unknown to me at the time of that, my FIRST post, and I always enjoy poking fun at the Catholic clergy and Republicans, but the line about "Crazy Amish Truckers with guns kill people" was more than just a little out of line.

I guess, I too, have been desensitized to all of the killing going on in this country these days. My apologies if I offended anyone!

Have you heard now that that crazy bunch of "god fearing" anit-war demonstrators are going to show up for these Amish funerals??? :shock:

At the risk of being even more offensive, I can't help but think it would be poetic justice, if some of the Amish men got out their shotguns, and went "hunting" that day!!

I know... I know.... killing is wrong. And, in fact, the Amish have allready forgiven the assailant, and would NEVER take up arms in anger against the demonstrators. "Vengeance is MINE, sayeth the Lord."

But, then again, He DOES work in mysterious ways! One can ONLY hope!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.