User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2006, 10:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default quick schneider question

I registered at the pumpkin forum, but I'm not activated over there yet.

As I said in my last post, I'm going to interview with them tomorrow, and assuming I get hired I was planning on doing the tanker thing. My question is this, the way the lady on the phone explained it is all I would need is my state's cdl permit and whatever endorsements I could get then I'd go to a two week school out in texas. After those two weeks, I'd be training on the road getting paid. That's my question; is it really like that. Not getting paid two weeks is a whole lot better than 6 in my case. Any helpful advice or correction?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Senior Board Member

She is correct. You will be rushed through the practicals at some CDL mill and then it will be up to your trainer to teach you what you need to know, and God help you if you end up with a bad trainer because you will know less at the end then someone who spent 4-6 weeks at a decent school and then went through OTJ training.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

didnt they sell off the tanker division?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian
didnt they sell off the tanker division?
They sold glass haulding to Maverick, IDK about the tankers.

CROCS ARE NOT SHOES
Old 09-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Senior Board Member

no...tankers are still part of schneider..sold glass hauling to maverick
Old 09-27-2006, 07:40 AM
Rookie

All I can say is do your homework! They promised my spouse and I what seemed like the perfect setup. We quit our jobs, packed everything in storage and headed to Dallas. We went through the school ok, both got our certificates showing we completed our course then was shipped off to get our CDL's. After we got our CDL's we were given 3 days at home before we went back to Dallas to our hotel to meet up with our trainer. Well the nightmare started when we finally got on the truck. After 3 weeks with a trainer who had no respect for anything we had learned in class on safety and wanted to teach us his way we did whatever it took just to get through it. Finally we got our own truck, which they don't tell you ahead of time that all the newbie's get the older used trucks, and the new trucks with plastic still on the seats goes to the more experienced drivers. Ours was nasty and stunk like the driver prior passed up all showers! It took me all day just to clean it after they said they cleaned it. None the less it broke down just a couple of weeks into our adventure, and 3 trucks later we still weren't getting the miles they so promised us. The STL or should I say the 2 STL's we had was impossible. Aside from deadheading and bobtailing and going on one MT search after another we were barely making enough to pay our bills. Maybe this company worked out for some one else, but it was a total nightmare for us. The only thing good that came out of our experience was we are and have been professional truck drivers for a few years now. We basically trained ourselves after we left the classroom. I gotta say that my instructors were great and really fun to be with. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:56 PM

Well I don't know if I screwed up my financial situation even worse, or I found a way out, but I just had the phone interview and set a tentative date of october 14th in dallas for their tanker job.

It'd be really nice if the pumpkin guys authorized me to get into their forum.

user name 'hopper_d'