User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have talked to TMC, Maverick, and Boyd Bros. and They all seem great but I am leaning to TMC and Boyd Bros. Boyd Bros pays .36 and .02 safety monthly and Everyone know what TMC pays. Boyd Bros is closer. But TMC has better equipment. I love Peter's but Intern. are ok. Maverick keeps giving me the run around and I have great work history and a clean MVR. I drove flatbeds in the military(but do not count) I love flatbeds. I grad. Monday and which everyone calls me first is the one I am going to go with. Hoping for the best. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Its just a waiting game now(til Tuesday).
Old 09-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooperjay
and which everyone calls me first is the one I am going to go with. Hoping for the best. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Its just a waiting game now(til Tuesday).
Seems a hell of a way to pick a career??!!! :shock:
Old 09-30-2006, 10:48 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldiesPlating
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooperjay
and which everyone calls me first is the one I am going to go with. Hoping for the best. Thanks everyone for your feedback. Its just a waiting game now(til Tuesday).
Seems a hell of a way to pick a career??!!! :shock:
They are both great companies and I would be happy to work for both of them. Thats what it meant. I have already picked a career it truck driving, now it about what company to go with. But thanks for the reply.
Old 09-30-2006, 11:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Just go with TMC, they have some of the nicest company trucks on the road. They pay well and have great home time. If you decide you don't like them move on! People think that once you pick a company you have to stay with them.

Have you ever seen a dirty TMC truck??? I haven't unless it's running in the rain or snow. That would mean alot to me if I were trying to decide between the 2 company's. I have seen alot of Maverick trucks on the road and they do not stick out from the rest of the trucks the way TMC's truck do. When picking a company you also want to go with a company that is respected on the road and a company that takes pride in their driver's and their trucks. A very important thing is also to be proud of your truck. My opinion TMC is all of the above.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
Just go with TMC, they have some of the nicest company trucks on the road. They pay well and have great home time. If you decide you don't like them move on! People think that once you pick a company you have to stay with them.

Have you ever seen a dirty TMC truck??? I haven't unless it's running in the rain or snow. That would mean alot to me if I were trying to decide between the 2 company's. I have seen alot of Maverick trucks on the road and they do not stick out from the rest of the trucks the way TMC's truck do. When picking a company you also want to go with a company that is respected on the road and a company that takes pride in their driver's and their trucks. A very important thing is also to be proud of your truck. My opinion TMC is all of the above.
Whew! I was waiting for SOMEONE to say that!!! If I did it wouldn't mean much since I WORK for TMC. Thanks ben, I am VERY proud to work for TMC and hands down we are the most respected trucks out there. I hear it all the time on the CB especially when pulling into a truck stop. We take pride in our company and the work that we do and it does get noticed.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Rookie

I have decided to go to Maverick. I love peterbilts(TMC) but, If I want to have a Christmas for my family than it is going to have to be Maverick. Just got to got to Orientation on the 22nd. Thanks everyone for the info.