User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think it was November '02. Started with KTL (TMC). Picked up my rig at the Joplin yard that morning. An old KW T-8, and Benson spread-axle. Waited all day for a load, finally get dispatched to Tamko, a roofing manufacterer on the north side of town. All the TMC guys know what I'm talking about. It was dark, the roads were wet, and I got lost trying to find this d*mned place. You really can't see the place from the road, it's just a long uphilll driveway across from a golf course, and surrounded by trees. Even harder to find at night. They were closed and I had no idea what to do. Called night dispatch and the lady said to go to the lot across the street and pick up a pre-loaded trailer. Spent at least an hour swapping all my gear to this new trailer, in the rain, in the dark. :roll:

Rolled all night to Lufkin, TX, backroads most of the way, not enough sense to stop and sleep anywhere. Got there at dawn and unloaded. Got dispatched after that to an Owens Corning shingle plant in downtown Houston. Loaded up and headed home. Still didn't have enough sense at any point to stop and eat or sleep. The only thing to keep me going was the exitement of getting home. Stupid me, eh? :roll:
Old 09-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Rookie

My very first solo run was a load of non-the less, Anheuser Busch, from Williamsburg, VA, to Defuniak Springs, Florida. Scheduled a late night drive into the morning. Anheuser was clean, and organized. Forest Gump?ed it out back on the main highway. (oh thank you mistery trucker who led me out of the woods) Ran my 11 out to the last minute. Being wired to Werner can be nutzo, for a newbie.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Senior Board Member

went about 25 miles got a load of stone drove 25 miles back it was a long trip. :wink: They told me to go get a load of #2 (type of stone) and i got #3's They where not happy :cry: . I didn't have trouble driving just took me awhile to tell the stone apart from looking at it. I learn from the point on to ask if i wasn't sure.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 09-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
went about 25 miles got a load of stone drove 25 miles back it was a long trip. :wink: They told me to go get a load of #2's (type of stone) and i got #3's They where not happy :cry: . I didn't have trouble driving just took me awhile to tell the stone apart from looking at it. I learn from that point on to ask if i wasn't sure.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug