User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 05:28 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default WERNER--BOUGHT SWIFT ???

Heard this one the other day while sitting at the werner terminal in Indianapolis....
Old 09-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

News to me. I haven't heard a word about it. But then, all the M S Carriers drivers insisted it was a MERGER with Swift, then a year later, I was hearing all the M S Carriers drivers saying that they'd been lied to. If it's true, it won't take long and we'll see WERNER plastered over the top of SWIFT on all the Swift trucks. We just have to wait a week or two.

Old 09-16-2006, 06:23 AM
Board Icon

I haven't heard of that either. Man,that would be a hoot. :shock: I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone wants to win at monopoly :P
Old 09-16-2006, 06:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
News to me. I haven't heard a word about it. But then, all the M S Carriers drivers insisted it was a MERGER with Swift, then a year later, I was hearing all the M S Carriers drivers saying that they'd been lied to. If it's true, it won't take long and we'll see WERNER plastered over the top of SWIFT on all the Swift trucks. We just have to wait a week or two.

Swift has a faster progressing pay scale than Werner ..and better trips....for example at werner the average length of haul as a solo is 0-500 miles ..500 mile trips being the big trips ..woo hoo 500 miles....VA..to IN..then back to PA to run the east coast triangle of 150-350 mile trips again....and STARTING PAY IS .26 CPM..progressing to a MASSIVE .28 at 1 yr..then the big money comes in over the next 3 yrs with a .01 CPM raise per yr taking you to untold riches at .32 CPM at yr 4....then try not to pass out from this gigantic pay increase of .005 ... that's 1/2 cent per yr... for 6 yrs until yr number 10 ,and ..BAM... your making the big bucks at .35 cpm.....I'm rolls Royce shopping now so in 9 more yrs i already know what i want ... :lol:

basicly Swift is higher paying with better runs than werner,so those working for Swift could look at this as ..DOWN GRADE...
Old 09-16-2006, 06:29 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
and STARTING PAY IS .26 CPM..progressing to a MASSIVE .28 at 1 yr..then the big money comes in over the next 3 yrs with a .01 CPM raise per yr taking you to untold riches at .32 CPM at yr 4....then try not to pass out from this gigantic pay increase of .005 ... that's 1/2 cent per yr... for 6 yrs until yr number 10 ,and ..BAM... your making the big bucks at .35 cpm.....I'm rolls Royce shopping now so in 9 more yrs i already know what i want ... :lol:
lol....ha ha ha...you should be in marketing!
Old 09-16-2006, 06:33 AM
Senior Board Member

I seriously doubt Werner is buying out Swift. That would be like the canary eating the cat since Swift is a lot bigger than Werner.
Old 09-16-2006, 06:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
I seriously doubt Werner is buying out Swift. That would be like the canary eating the cat since Swift is a lot bigger than Werner.

Werner currently has 9400 trucks 20,000 trailers (how big was swift b4 they started buying broke companies???) ...Werner operates debt free,And with a profit...Swift is operating in the red and at constant loss...basically they are...BROKE... and operating on borrowed funds, ...So once again how did swift get to current size ???(BUYING BROKE COMPANIES)....Same way Werner would if they bought Swift in their Current financial state , and Swift in their current financial state ....NON BROKE COMPANY BUYS BROKE COMPANY...Does it sound totally un-plausible put like this ???....I have no idea if truth or not , But it does seem plausible economically...
Old 09-16-2006, 06:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
and STARTING PAY IS .26 CPM..progressing to a MASSIVE .28 at 1 yr..then the big money comes in over the next 3 yrs with a .01 CPM raise per yr taking you to untold riches at .32 CPM at yr 4....then try not to pass out from this gigantic pay increase of .005 ... that's 1/2 cent per yr... for 6 yrs until yr number 10 ,and ..BAM... your making the big bucks at .35 cpm.....I'm rolls Royce shopping now so in 9 more yrs i already know what i want ... :lol:
lol....ha ha ha...you should be in marketing!

Sarcasm has never really been my forte... :lol:
Old 09-16-2006, 07:47 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001

Werner currently has 9400 trucks 20,000 trailers (how big was swift b4 they started buying broke companies???) ...Werner operates debt free,And with a profit...Swift is operating in the red and at constant loss...basically they are...BROKE... and operating on borrowed funds, ...So once again how did swift get to current size ???(BUYING BROKE COMPANIES)....Same way Werner would if they bought Swift in their Current financial state , and Swift in their current financial state ....NON BROKE COMPANY BUYS BROKE COMPANY...Does it sound totally un-plausible put like this ???....I have no idea if truth or not , But it does seem plausible economically...
Please send me the link where you got this info. It pretty much disagrees with whats been reported by the analysts.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix....lar&id=883664&

Swift also has a beter valuation than Werner.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060915/truck...wrap.html?.v=1
Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Board Regular

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060913/secto...king.html?.v=2

Sector Snap: Trucking Seen Under Pressure
Wednesday September 13, 4:19 pm ET
Bank of America Initiates Coverage of Trucking Sector With Several "Sell" Ratings

NEW YORK (AP)
-- Bank of America on Wednesday initiated coverage on several trucking companies, saying the sector's profits will be under pressure as volumes decelerate.
The bank's Scott D. Flower started the airfreight and surface transportation sector, which also includes railroad and freight shipping companies, at "Market-Weight," citing the possibility of economic uncertainty toward the end of the year.

Flower rated Swift Transportation Co. "Neutral" with a $23 price target, saying since the arrival of new leadership at the company, it had become more focused and disciplined.

"The stock has come off the most sharply of any of the truckload companies that we cover in the recent market correction, roughly 30 percent from the stock's highs during 2006," Flower wrote in a note to investors.

"Yet, based on our concerns relative to the truckload sector and where we are in the economic cycle, we think that, near term, the stock will remain under some pressure."

Swift shares closed Wednesday up 22 cents, at $24.86 on the Nasdaq.
Flower was less positive about other trucking companies, rating J.B. Hunt Transport Services Inc., Con-Way Inc. and Werner Enterprises Inc. all at "Sell," saying the companies will have to deal with a moderating economy in the second-half of the year and face tough comparisons.

J.B. Hunt shares closed up 16 cents, at $20.42, while Werner shares ended up 8 cents, at $19.51, both on the Nasdaq.

Con-Way shares closed down 11 cents, at $47.50 on the New York Stock Exchange.