User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Tom, first of all Thanks for your service.

I am a Disable Veteran and drove for 4 years till I lost my last job in Nov 2000 due to being sick.. Burned my self out to much and my reward was Your Fired..

Many Truckers does become disabled cause of their back just driving a truck. I know of 2 from my home town. But with the PRoblems you mention, Driving can still be done. I have Dejentive Joint Arthritis from the Neck down. I had pulled Flatbeds, Reefers and Dry Vans. Hardest part was with the Flatbeds, With Tarping, and another Company I had to unload the Cargo, which was fun, but it became to painful for me. As for the Dry Vans and Reefers, If you do get a Driver Unload, you can hire a Lumper.

As for the VA Hospitals, Get the work done before you get OUT!!! Make sure you get the highest Precentage for your Disability BEFORE YOU GET OUT!!! I been fighting the VA since 1996, and only gotten up to 60% from 20%. I am currently on SSDI also, 100% on one item of my VA Service Connected DIsabilities. But the VA only has me at 30% for that one thing.

All VA Hospitals are Not Equal. Some are Better than others. Example, The VA Hospital in Augusta Georgia is Great. THe Hospital in Atlanta, Sux!!!! The Atlanta has even thrown Veterans out into the Street when they went there for medical Help. Your better off going robbing a bank and getting medical help than Serving the Country and putting you life on the line. When I went through Boot Camp, we had this march Song we would sing near the new Recruits. Forming Don't Be Blue, Our Recruiter Scewed Us Too.. You were promoised the World to serve, but when you go back to take them up on that Promise, you have another Battle on your hands.

Good Luck and stay Safe.

Note about VA Medical. True The VA Hospitals are spread out thin, but they are now building clinics closer together for out patient medical care. Closest Hospital from my home is 80 miles, closest clinic 35.