User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaki86
No, not all the directions on the Qualcomm @ USX come from other drivers. I've gotten directions from the shipper/receiver that exactly matched what the qualcomm said, and they were fine for a car, but not a truck.

There are *VERY FEW* companies that pay hub miles. Almost all pay HHG miles, and some that pay practical miles.

Get in touch with a driver liason and tell them that you need a new DM. They'll get you one.
This is very true. We are like most major carriers...we pay Rand McNally. Hub miles should be the way a company should pay if you ask me, but also you have to look at it through a business view. Know what I mean? As many honest driving folks as there are out there, you also have out of route drivers trying to pick up extras and cheat the company.

I guess it's like the old saying a few bad apples ruined it for everyone.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:28 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USXRecruiter4080
I am a recruiter with US Xpress, as im sure the name gave away, and we do NOT require hazmat endorsement EVER. We prefer it, but will never force it upon you. If you were interested in getting it, however, we would reimburse up to $96 of the cost of the background check and fingerprints and all of that good stuff.

I personally would get it if I were in the truck, but from what I understand it's just a big hassle sometimes. Almost as if you have to give your first born just to get the endorsement. lol.

As to the previous poster interested in us, feel free to call me with any questions. I, unlike many others, will shoot you straight about us and the whole industry in general. 800-251-6291 ext 3659. The name is Lee.
I like this guy, too! He seems to have more information that my recruiter with USX
Old 09-26-2006, 04:28 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="USXRecruiter4080"]

There are *VERY FEW* companies that pay hub miles. Almost all pay HHG miles, and some that pay practical miles.

HHG miles would work if they were accurate. The problem is that they unfairly shortchange the driver.

I certainly understand concerns about possible abuse by drivers, but there are remidies available. What I find Ironic is that companies will exploit the "Potential Abuse" arguement, while at the same time, they excercise perpetual abuse of drivers by deliberately short changing them for the miles that must be driven.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:56 PM

[quote="Useless"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by USXRecruiter4080

HHG miles would work if they were accurate. The problem is that they unfairly shortchange the driver.

I certainly understand concerns about possible abuse by drivers, but there are remidies available. What I find Ironic is that companies will exploit the "Potential Abuse" arguement, while at the same time, they excercise perpetual abuse of drivers by deliberately short changing them for the miles that must be driven.
This is also very true. I would personally like to see some "give a little get a little" policy made. Something like random GPS checks I suppose. I believe if you get a random GPS check, and you're in route correctly and timely, you should get something slong these lines: hub miles for the next 7-10 days...or 2 weeks. Maybe accordingly to home time. Know what I mean?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:18 PM

you know what i do not understand.. in this day and age of gps, on-line mapping and similar, just how hard is it type in to-from address's and come up with the correct mileage??
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny the deuce
you know what i do not understand.. in this day and age of gps, on-line mapping and similar, just how hard is it type in to-from address's and come up with the correct mileage??
Because of terrain. Many companies can find your shortest route, but may not want you to go over that certain terrain. We prefer keeping people out of high hazard areas. Its easier to use an experienced mapping source.