Old 09-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by for4roses
The last time I was at Cocoa Beach I was able to find some place to park the truck and walk on the edge of the ocean, dig my toes in the sand and feel the breeze blowing -
I hate to admit this, but, I live a short distance (less than 15-miles) from the Ocean.................and unfortunately, can't remember the last time I went to the Beach, I guess it's bacause, I hate the Sun and heat............

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
Josh: Are you feeling allright???
Yea, I'm fine.........just been in the mountains with NO TV, computer, Internet and was absolutely NO problem...........since, I'm trying to quit smoking, it must have been a mental thing. :lol:

Quote:
You didn't cuss ONCE
.excluding the words damn or Hell, I could be considered a prude, because of my clean volcabulary and demeanor..

Quote:
or make ANY bigotted statements!
Just because I'm not politically correct and have no problem calling them like i see them, does NOT mean that I'm a bigot.............Hobo, you know me, I could give a good rats azz if someone feelings get hurt for telling the truth...........I'm sure in the Hell not going to "Sugar-coat" anything...........plus, I'm classified as a minority in this country........I can't be a bigot. :lol: :lol:

Quote:
You didn't even use COLOR!!! :shock:
Now that one really has me worried..........it's out of character for me, NOT to use color.........thanks for reminding me, color is my life. :lol: :lol:

Quote:
[Sorry, too, about your brother. That must be a tough one to get over!]
Thanks, I appreciate it................I miss him and my father each and every day of my life.........they both died on the same day............we were all best friends.

BTW.............it's getting cooler soon..........time to bring out the "Golf Clubs"..............haven't played once this entire Summer...........too damn hot.
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Old 09-06-2006, 02:31 AM
Board Icon

Hey Cracker-What's Up? :P
Old 09-06-2006, 03:35 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Besides the people not being able to understand us

They're not the Only ones :P
Yeah. :lol: :P Ha Ha hehe pfft :P
Old 09-06-2006, 03:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Heres my photos from the badlands yesterday...

Old 09-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
Hey Cracker-What's Up? :P
\

Answer your darn (Hobo, notice, no damn, it's the NEW AFF) :lol: :lol: phone sometimes and you might find out :lol: :lol: .............btw Bill, when I was in the mountains for 6-weeks, "dial-up" would have looked good to me............worked my "butt" off.

Don't know if the GMAN told you, but we met each other while he was down here in Florida before I left..............we met Willie Nelson :lol:, while at the "Pilot", GMAN, Willie Nelson :lol: and myself sat and talked for two or three hours..............he'll tell you the rest.

Actually, it wasn't "Willie Nelson", but he sure could have passed for his double........he was an "Old Timer" truck driver, you could literally see the "White Lines" and "Miles" he's put behind him in his eyes over the years on the road...........think it did him good just to sit there, drink coffee and talk to a couple of fellow "truckers", since "Truck Stops" and NO LONGER, "Truck Stops", they are just places to fuel up, and/or get a "franchised" sandwich or food.........I guess, the "old" truck stops where drivers could actually stop and talk to fellow truck drivers are a thing of the past, like everything else.

I go off for a few weeks, come back and my buddy "Yoopr" is now a "Moderator"...............that's cool........congrats............Josh
Old 09-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Yes, "Willie" was a nice guy. There are still some of the independent truck stops around. Some do a good business.....mostly with the older drivers. So many of the companies now have certain "fuel stops" that drivers must use. Unfortunately, it is often a stop at a large chain, such as Pilot or TA. It has taken a lot of the character away from the truck stops and trucking. I still enjoy sitting around talking to other drivers at a truck stop. There is nothing like sitting around having a cup of coffee, in a real ceramic cup, exchanging war stories with another driver. Some of these newer truck stops are not conducive to good conversation. The idea is to get drivers in and out as quickly as possible. Sometimes, you need to sit back and relax a little. It helps give you a fresh perspective. 8)
Old 09-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Board Icon

Well,Im young,(32),but I have been around long enough that I have seen the changes. Youre right GMAN,and AFF. I have noticed that truck stops are going to the deli style foods,instead of coming in and sitting down to a full size meal. We have a Flying J now,and its not even a big one. It has a store,yes,but not a restraunt. It has a deli,and a Wendy's.(no offence Wendy). We all got excited becuase they were bringing in a flyin hook,and it has a tiny store,with a stinkin Wendy's. Well,of course our sister compay,SYGMA delivers to the Wendy's,we deliver their deli stuff(corn dogs,and what not). There isnt a back door for us,so we use the side(fuel) door. Some guys are just plumb rude. Then again,there are the guys that have been driving ever sinse the Diamond T's were around :P ,and they like to talk,and are nice. This industry has become the hurry up industry. Everyone rushes as quick as they can to fuel,grab a snack,and get back out there on the road. Yeah,its a shame,the changing times.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have been in that Flying J. It is my understanding that it is a franchise rather than a company store. That is the reason why it has the Wendy's instead of a regular restaurant. When Flying J started, they had a few franchisees. There are still a few around. Most of those that are still around are in the Northwest U.S. Until I found the one in Wichita Falls, I didn't think that they were still franchising.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:28 PM
Board Icon

Oh ok. Makes sinse now. I heard that they were going to remodel it,and build a restraunt,but dont know if that is true.