User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ocean

Killer Rabbit,
If all you've seen of salt water is the Gulf of Mexico, you still haven't seen an ocean. You'd have to be on the right side of Florida.
Better yet, on the left coast of the U.S. you'll see a real ocean, deep too. BOL
Old 09-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Killer Rabbit..........that was one of the most meaningful post I've seen here in a long time................thank you, it brought back memories of my brother (late) when he and I ran teams OTR and seeing the "Prairie Dog" sign going to Seatle or Portland.............thanks.''''''great post.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 AM
Senior Board Member

TKR ... I enjoyed your stories .... it's clear - - you 'Get It' ... the good part of this profession ... you really need to continue telling more of them.

The last time I was at Cocoa Beach I was able to find some place to park the truck and walk on the edge of the ocean, dig my toes in the sand and feel the breeze blowing - it helped to energized me ... to continue on with my next load. This is an awesome place we live .. just as long as we stop for a bit and embrace it.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 09-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Killer Rabbit
Do you know where Bayport is?
Close to Weekie wachee is I believe the spelling of the name of the town that is closebye.
Its a place where theres a boat landing and fishing pier, they were catching channel cats and blue crabs.
Yep, sure do. Thats a really nice area up there....

Quote:
I forgot to mention that I had a chameleon/anole, as a stowaway passenger for awhile that somehow made it in my truck.
Im pretty sure he made it through a cracked window as I found a bunch of them sunning themselves on the hood of my freightliner in the morning.

Dunno where he went...he used to sit on my prepass, then he was gone after a few days.
Trying to catch those things are virtually impossible.
Im just hoping he didnt die in my vent system. TKR
The biggest problem with the chameleons is that if you do catch them, and its by the tail.....they'll break their tail off and run like the wind. They'll grow a new tail in short order. We try never to hurt those little critters, though, because their main food seems to be mosquitos and other bugs.

He probably got out the same way he got in.....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-04-2006, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Killer Rabbit..........that was one of the most meaningful post I've seen here in a long time................thank you, it brought back memories of my brother (late) when he and I ran teams OTR and seeing the "Prairie Dog" sign going to Seatle or Portland.............thanks.''''''great post.
Hey thanks alot!
Im sorry to hear about your brother.
There is nothing like having a good road trip partner...but words can never really say the loss of one, much more a bro

TKR
Drive you when you're down
Dreams transport the ones who need to get out of town
Old 09-04-2006, 01:11 AM

Quote:
TKR ... I enjoyed your stories .... it's clear - - you 'Get It' ... the good part of this profession ... you really need to continue telling more of them.
Will do!
In fact heres one more...just a short one...i think :wink:
Firstly, b4 getting into the trucking industry, I was in "skywarn" for about 4 years which was an offtime hobby of mine...I loved the road and loved chasing storms...im a redneck what can i say lol.
Anyways, I was travelling into my second week after training when I noticed a very distinct cloud called a wall cloud rotating like a top, mind you, it was around 4pm and the sky was almost pitch black!
I turned on the weather band and there indeed was a tornao warning for the area.
I pulled over to the side of the road to get my bearings as the super truckers plowed into that direction, and that is the point i decided to exit stage right to witness my first tornado dance across the freeway.
All those years of chasing storms and I wasnt even chasing and one pops up in front of me.
As far as I know, no one got hurt.
A few other truckers and I watched in awe the spinning of the meso as it dissapated towards the east.
What a day !

Quote:
The last time I was at Cocoa Beach I was able to find some place to park the truck and walk on the edge of the ocean, dig my toes in the sand and feel the breeze blowing - it helped to energized me ... to continue on with my next load. This is an awesome place we live .. just as long as we stop for a bit and embrace it.
Cant agree with you more, you have to take advantage of whats right in front of you and keep moving on into the sunset and gittr done.

TKR
Drive you when you're down
Dreams transport the ones who need to get out of town
Old 09-04-2006, 01:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardmore Farms Forever
Josh: Are you feeling allright??? You didn't cuss ONCE or make ANY bigotted statements! :lol:

You didn't even use COLOR!!! :shock:

[Sorry, too, about your brother. That must be a tough one to get over!]

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by for4roses
If you ever get down that way again...or any of you, go to the very north end of Cocoa Beach....that will put you right up at Canaveral Inlet... and the JFK Space Center is across the inlet (Cape Canaveral).... I'm not sure if they still have them running in and out of there....but quite often you could get to see one of the "boomers" going in or out.... Downright impressive sight.

Also, the area has some fairly good seafood restaurants in the area too.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 09-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Senior Board Member

If You're ever travelling on I-94 in North dakota theres a "Badlands" rest area and visitor center which overlooks the badland national park. Absolutely breathtaking views and theres signs all around warning that bison roam the parking lot... I didn't see any but there were quite a few bison pies around... It's around Exit 36. Just pull off and take 15 minutes. It's well worth it.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:43 AM
Board Icon

Yeah,the Badlands is the only good thing about North Dakota. I drove many a mile all over South Dakota,and North Dakota. Besides the people not being able to understand us :P ,the hills will drive ya nutz. I bet there aint 100 square miles of flat land up there. :shock: :P Its pretty sad when youre in the wheat fields,and you cant see the combines for the hills. :P