User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It amazes me that there are still people blind and deaf enough to think that they can make it at England. I have been driving for 12 years and in that time England is easily the company I have heard the most negative things about. It seems that the only time you hear anything positive about them is when somebody who has never driven before wants to go there.
FT, from the tone of your responses you sound like a kid so maybe you have never heard the old adage "If it sounds to good to be true it usually is".
Old 06-01-2006, 01:54 AM
Board Regular

Truckers math isnt that what they call it, so you pay at least 40,000 a year in taxes
Old 06-01-2006, 01:58 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: CR ENGLAND PAY FOR FUTURE TRUCKER

Quote:
$500 a week gross??? I made that at the factory I worked at, was home every night, AND only worked 4 days a week!
Well if you only run 2100 miles a week at 28cpm its pretty easy to do that, I reckon. On average counting city traffic, fuel stops, piss stops, that can still be over 43 hours a week wheel time.

It would be real entertaining to see CRE only sign on lease operators from now on. I dont know if they are a public company or not, but if I held stock, now would be a good time to sell, hearing stuff like that.

Industry average turnover / attrition is around 70% I heard, bottom-feeder companies are experiencing numbers as high as 125%, while there are other companies claiming numbers as low as 25%. Seems to me it would be only a short matter of time before CRE implodes with a scheme like that.
Old 06-01-2006, 01:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuretrucker
Truckers math isnt that what they call it, so you pay at least 40,000 a year in taxes
I WISH that I only paid 40 grand a year in taxes, FT!! Honestly, Future Trucker, I made no mention of Capital Gains Taxes, nor does that include employment taxes either.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:07 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
I WISH that I only paid 40 grand a year in taxes, FT!! Honestly, Future Trucker, I made no mention of Capital Gains Taxes, nor does that include employment taxes either.
So you either haul specialty freight or you own a fleet, so of course you will make more than me, whats your point.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Senior Board Member

Can anybody come up with a dumber idea than to start your truck driving career with a lease option? Instead of concentrating on just becoming a competent driver, you complicate the situation by adding the distraction of running a business. What if you decide that trucking is not for you, eh?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
[
Quote:

I WISH that I only paid 40 grand a year in taxes, FT!! Honestly, Future Trucker, I made no mention of Capital Gains Taxes, nor does that include employment taxes either.[/quote]

Futuer Trucker:

So you either haul specialty freight or you own a fleet, so of course you will make more than me, whats your point.[/quote]

No, I don't do either one of those things. Drove for a few years, but saw that while the vast majority of O/O's work hard for their money, but very few of them have their money working very hard for them.

As for Fleece Operators?? One Emoticon says it all!! :dung:

What I HAVE done is start up very small businesses, grown them into small, but powerful and formidable corporations, sold them, and made well into seven figures doing it. (BTW, that is a VERY conservative estimate!! You'd never guess it to look at me though!!) I've also made money as a venture capitalist in other entrepreneurial venues. These are only some of the things I've done.

So, now I divide my time between real estate, oil and gas development, and am currently involved in another trend setting arena of natural gas reclamation and development, (bringing depleted wells back to life), sales of water rights, and alternative energy source development. So, I do know what it takes to put black ink on the bottom line.

So what is my point??

My point is that no matter HOW you crunch the numbers, you can not take what CRE is offering and make it work well for you. The arithmetic simply does not work. The dollars just don't make sense. (cents??)
Old 06-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Keep defending England "futuretrucker". Hahhahahaha...ignorance is bliss. Go get your CDL and see how you like making a couple hundred a week while your carrier makes thosands.

See my "England drivers are the dumbest in the industry". It states you WON'T make more than 52K a year, and thats if you run your butt off and never go home. Keep talking like a veteran O/O, it cracks me up.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:45 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Karnajj"]
Can anybody come up with a dumber idea than to start your truck driving career with a lease option?

Yes!!
How about a wannabee telling experienced drivers that he knows more than they do??

BTW, the RED color is in honor of the RED INK that Future Trucker has in his future!!
Old 06-01-2006, 02:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: CRE

Where i'm located in the state there is tons of england freight coming and going.

Tons, compared to what? Cutthroat rates will get them work, I agree, but their pay package is embarrassing. best of luck to you, we'll all be here to tell you 'we told you so". You must not value your self worth for much, because working there (or any under $1/mi carrier) is selling youself short. reefer loads are around $2.20 a mile, with little deadhead in between, but hey, those CRE get the whopping .87 for all miles so its all good :roll: