View Poll Results: Random Drug Testing????
My company does not do random drug testion 2 11.76%
My company does do random drug testing 15 88.24%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2006, 02:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Re: Wanting info on the Drug Testing Standards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappytruckerswife
Does anyone have any info on the drug screening the industry does? Is it standard with all companies or do each set their own rules and screening? What about Random Drug Testing? :?: A[/b]

Don't know about all the substances they test for , But I know for sure they Don't Test for steroids.... :wink:
Old 03-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappytruckerswife
Just to let you know theFlyinphoenix there is a person that I know that is just going through the training and I know for a fact that he uses coke and has been in re-hab somewhere like 4 times already in his life!!! The thought of him being on the road is VERY scary and then it to be in a big rig is almost unthinkable! I hope that they really do screen the new hires well because he is a DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN... And I was kind of curious about how well the various companies are about this problem.. I mean it has well be known that staying awake for a lot of trucks is a real battle at times...
All I can say is that if you absolutely know that he is still using drugs; please report it to the safety director of any company that he works for. You could be saving a life and it is greatly appreciated, especially seen it could be mine. If you just think that he might be, then confront him and make sure that you know if he is or isn't. Everybody at one time or another has made mistakes, hell half the people I know or meet have been through some type of rehab in their life and I believe that people can and do change. And if you were to report this to someone and it wasn't true, not only could it be libel, but you could also destroy someone?s livelihood. Just make sure you know for sure and that you?re not doing this out of spite or some other reason. BOL
Old 03-18-2006, 05:56 AM
Rookie

Just for the record. I would Never call and report anything that i did not see for myself or know it to be fact... I do know people change and can turn things around. With all that said, just knowing his past and the stuff he has done and then knowing that he is going into this kind of position that could have the potential to be so deadly, i felt the need to see what the overall masses think of their companies and the drug test screening. It gives me some ease seeing the post and the poll.....
Old 03-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theFlyinphoenix
hell half the people I know or meet have been through some type of rehab in their life and I believe that people can and do change.
This is a subject that I am very familiar with.........if it makes you feel any better...........I've been in 2-"long term" (30 + 90 days each) alcohol and drug treatment centers programs in my life..........sort of like "the Hotel California"...........you can check-in, but, you NEVER check-out.........I personally and YOU should, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER trust anyone who is actively doing drugs or alcohol on a continuous basis..........and can unequivocally state that NO ONE will ever get their lives straightened up, until they can be HONEST with themselves and have a desire to change their lives.........YOU CANNOT GET ANYONE "Clean and sober", ONLY THEY CAN DO IT..........I couldn't and did not, until I had the ability to be HONEST with myself..........unfortunately, a person who is actively using drugs has NO feelings toward how others feel and could care less of the consequences for their actions........as long as they can get their "high".

Here's an example of the insanity of doing drugs and alcohol while running OTR........in the early 80's, I literally once ran from Kansas City to Denver, and have absolutely NO recollection of when and how I got there.......was in a complete "blackout".......YET.......this was NORMAL behavior for me (and quite a few other truckers at the time) at that period of time in my life running all 48-states OTR..

Today, if I even suspect that someone is using drugs or alcohol at my company.......I would gladly "RAT" them out..........and NOT think twice about it.......I haven't had to as of yet.

..... on a personal note,I DO NOT regret my past, nor, do I wish to shut the door on it.......it's O.K for me to look back, I just don't stare..............if I ever forget how bad it was or lose my gratitude for being "clean and sober", I'm destined to repeat my past......or as I call it, be part of the "living dead".

BTW............I've been "clean and sober", well over 20-years and am STILL one drink away from a drunk.......just because the alcohol and drugs have been removed, that doesn't mean the "ISM" isn't still there.

If you suspect that someone is doing drugs and running OTR.........do THEM, someone unknown to you and yourself a favor......let the company know.........you could be saving theirs, yourself and an innocent families life out there on the road..............

I guess my point is, people can change and do change their lives 180-degrees around........ONLY if they have the desire too and can get honest with themselves.................no one else can do it for them............these days, when I see someone who is still dependent on "alcohol or drugs", I think to myself....."But, for the Grace of God, there go I"...................I am a "Drunk and Drug Addict, I am NOT suppose to be "Clean and Sober".........I'm one of the "lucky" ones, in my opinion, EVERY DAY SOBER is a GIFT.................Josh
Old 04-01-2006, 06:50 AM
Rookie

bush bunny tylenol , advil ,motrin,etc are drugs ..... there brand names for drugs tylenol is aceminopphen advil and motrin are ibuprofen.. watch out for motrin can raise some peps blood pressure. i would think that a driver should be weary of taking over the counter drugs too . sudafed a great allerigy (medicine ) a.k.a. drug is used in the manufacture of meth , so i would stay away from it never know what you company is checking for.