User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I've driven for alot of years and don't know of any company that will allow a person to have multible DWI's. If there is some company that does that I sure wouldn't want to drive for them.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
I've driven for alot of years and don't know of any company that will allow a person to have multible DWI's. If there is some company that does that I sure wouldn't want to drive for them.

Much less share the road with them!!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Uglymutt, the problem you are having is that you are trying to use a family member to verify your employment gaps. What you need is at least 3 people who are not family to write letters for you with dates of your unemployment and be sure to get those letters notorized.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

why are these gaps so important cant you just say you where lazy and living off your wife's/husband's income lol :P

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 11-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Rookie

"One problem is that you won't be allowed into Canada"

False. My charges are not felonies, which WOULD keep me out of Canada.

"You want to travel?? You want to get paid to travel??"

No, I actually need to make some real money so that I can marry my girlfriend. do you know what that is? Probably not.

I'm really sorry to be inspiring all of these nasty replies because of the fact that I'm upset regarding the way this career is not working out for me. I came here for advice, I admitted that I made mistakes, and asked if what I was doing by continuing with my CDL was realistic. Thanks to those who said it's not impossible and gave me advice on how to continue.

I might suggest that the reactions of some people around here are indicative of the difficulty I'm being faced with in attempting to get into this job force. It's a shame. I was fully expecting to spend the rest of my life defending my past bad choices. I messed up, I'm doing what I can to fix it, and some people are forever judgmental and nasty.

Maybe that's why I did drugs... =)

By the way, if I'm ever pathetic enough to sit around a forum and call someone I don't know childish names, I'll have to put myself away instead of breaking the law to get it done.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjk
"One problem is that you won't be allowed into Canada"

False. My charges are not felonies, which WOULD keep me out of Canada.

"You want to travel?? You want to get paid to travel??"

No, I actually need to make some real money so that I can marry my girlfriend. do you know what that is? Probably not.

RJK: I'm not meaning to be nasty, and yes, I do know what it is to want to marry a girlfriend; my wife and I have over 20yrs. together.

I'm really sorry to be inspiring all of these nasty replies because of the fact that I'm upset regarding the way this career is not working out for me. I came here for advice, I admitted that I made mistakes, and asked if what I was doing by continuing with my CDL was realistic. Thanks to those who said it's not impossible and gave me advice on how to continue.

I might suggest that the reactions of some people around here are indicative of the difficulty I'm being faced with in attempting to get into this job force. It's a shame. I was fully expecting to spend the rest of my life defending my past bad choices. I messed up, I'm doing what I can to fix it, and some people are forever judgmental and nasty.

Maybe that's why I did drugs... =)

There is something that I think you are not understanding here: I'm not being sarcastic in making these suggestions to you. No, driving is not an impossibility, but with a record of numerous drug offenses, it will be much more difficult, at best.

As far as spending your life defending your bad choices, I am serious about altering your thinking, your sense of consciousness, and EMBRACING them. As I said, you can transform a liability into an asset here!! I know that there will always be people who are forever nasty and judgemental; but there are also people in the world who will listen!!

There are many people in this worl who's lives "don't work". I'm not just talking about homeless people, or down and out people here. I'm talking about people who live in middle class homes, even (supposedly) wealthy people who have much to gain by hearing the story of another person who is struggling to take a life that was wrong, and turn it around to make it right. There are many reasons for this, and I'm not going to go into them here, but I will tell you that people will be willing to pay a few bucks to here your story, if you are serious about making your life right!!

Want to know a little secret?? I didn't become wealthy by thinking in "conventional" terms!

By the way, if I'm ever pathetic enough to sit around a forum and call someone I don't know childish names, I'll have to put myself away instead of breaking the law to get it done.
P.M. me if you wish; I really am on your side here!![

Peace, Useless
Old 11-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Board Icon

I have met a driver that works for them that claimed to have a conviction for trafficking cocaine hmmmm???

Yeah right :roll:
Old 11-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey thanks Uturn2001 , I just heard from PRIME INC. and they just want to call someone to verify my unemployment so I plan on giving them some phone numbers to call, they said a phone call will do instead of a letter, but I will still get some letters signed and notorized... heard from a few other companies, like CRST so I hope these are good companies, I applied to many and hope soon I will be on the road to happiness... thanks again

Now I will go and find those companies that do allow multiple DUI's , I seen some that said not more than 2 in 5 years and they will hire you, I been applying to several companies, about 130 of them so i will find them and post the companies so you all know ...... really lets all have a drink on them, no just kiddin , don't drink no more, too old for that ....I think if you have one DUI you should loose your license for 10 years.... so you learn not to drink and drive.......
Old 11-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Rookie

There's plenty of us that when through "rough" times in our lives but didn't turn to alcohol or Drugs[/quote]

gee Yoopr It must be nice to be so perfect.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Default Re: An Idea??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
:idea:
Here's an idea for you to consider!! You want to travel?? You want to get paid to travel?? Instead of complaining about doors being closed to you, take a liability, and transform it into an asset!! Go out, and get the word out; tell people about the doors that are closed to you!! You may be able to reach a few young people, and help save them from making the mistakes you made; the mistakes that you are paying for to this very day!!

You said that you work as a drug counselor; any chance of capitalizing on that by becoming a paid speaker, offering lectures on the long term consequences of getting caught, and helping people to find positive things for young people to say "Yes" to?? Did drugs deliver you from your problems?? There are church congregations, church youth ministry groups, schools, maybe even some truck driving schools, and other civic groups who might want to hear your story!!
8)
Good Luck, Useless
I used to be a narcotics detective, and worked very closely with recovering addicts (not saying that you are an addict) and most of them are VERY honest, and VERY hard working since they get clean. However, they will not be offered the same opportunities that most others will have.

Useless had a great idea. If you want to look into that, pm me here, I will try to hook you up with a DARE officer in NE (no promises, as I never worked in NE) who can help you with that.

BOL in whatever you do.