No 15 34.88%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

At least with RR around...made me feel safer..(nervous). Now whats the pack gonna hunt? I'm too fresh and new here to relax(shake) and crap...now I gotta really watch it. :shock:

oooohhh...i tink i peed a little. :cry:
Old 10-19-2005, 09:48 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

you mean you guys ran off another noob? geesh your all hardcore

i can understand him being upset, and probably felt like a big piece of doo!.

i know we all cant handhold. but i could sort of feel his pain. there is alot of negativity in this industry anyway, even in the world. he did seem to have the desire, and really wanted to do the job for whatever reason. granted i witnessed a coupel blow ups on his part in regard to what could be construed as some negativity or whatever on others part as well.

i am all for helping someone out. sometimes that someone may not be open to suggestions and whatnot. but as big brothers, parents, tainers mentors or whatever,. sometimes you have to take the gentle approach. even though text message and email as well as posting on forums can be impersonal forms of expression. i think that guy could have learned something or two here, and possibly did. from a few of you super truckers.

i am not condoning his attitude or his sense of irrespnsibility and non existent desire to at least "try" to buck down and study for such things as hazmat and such.

however, if he was banned, just based off postings that i read (all of them) then that was over the top IMHO moderation of a forum is one thing, but dictatorship and censorship over little matters such as this especially within the context of what the internet basis stands for to begin with, (being free speech and expression world wide) was way over the top. granted there are rules and guidelines to follow for every site.

like a mother lion teaching a cub to hunt, he would have soon gotten deeper insight and withstood a fighting chance out there. and possibly been a better cdl driver eventually because of it.

Now i dont know the guy from adam, but i am a compassionate person in general, as well as a husband, a father, a brother, and an uncle in life as well. a community needs to stand together, but this is just my 2 cents. and 2 cents dont add up to much unless you stack it all up over a period of time in a 1000 dollar jar.

Society in general is barely tolerant of truck drivers to begin with, and prejudice reigns supreme in this industry with all the pee bottles littering our hiways and such, and the bad rapp on trucks in general doesnt help at all either. Its my opinion i just seen that same type of concept in reversal here <shrug>

beat me with the ban stick as well if you think i am out of line for stating my thoughts on this. but i am just stating and sharing an observance.

i just think the guy should have been given a reprmand for conduct on forum in private. and some shouldnt have been hard on him and more tried to motivate him. i know i spent a few hours last night documenting a list of companies in his area for him to call up and get some OTR training. i did this on my own time, when i should have been spending it with my baby girl and boy and my wife. but i did it to help a comrade in arms so to speak, because it was the humane thing to do. i dont regret that.

i think the guy should be given another chance on this forum. under his already assumed identity.

peace.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I hope RR comes back i need a good laugh. That guy was something else. He probably cant drive local because he probably job hope's and all ready drove for everyone local in his area. I hope he comes back Lil lets keep our fingers crossed

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 10-19-2005, 10:14 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
i just think the guy should have been given a reprmand for conduct on forum in private
He was. Free speech is one thing - unleashing profanity-laced tirades against another poster is completely another and not tolerated here. Warnings are given and when ignored, action is taken.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk

i know we all cant handhold. but i could sort of feel his pain. there is alot of negativity in this industry anyway, even in the world. he did seem to have the desire, and really wanted to do the job for whatever reason. granted i witnessed a coupel blow ups on his part in regard to what could be construed as some negativity or whatever on others part as well.

i am all for helping someone out. sometimes that someone may not be open to suggestions and whatnot. but as big brothers, parents, tainers mentors or whatever,. sometimes you have to take the gentle approach. even though text message and email as well as posting on forums can be impersonal forms of expression. i think that guy could have learned something or two here, and possibly did. from a few of you super truckers.

i am not condoning his attitude or his sense of irrespnsibility and non existent desire to at least "try" to buck down and study for such things as hazmat and such.

however, if he was banned, just based off postings that i read (all of them) then that was over the top IMHO moderation of a forum is one thing, but dictatorship and censorship over little matters such as this especially within the context of what the internet basis stands for to begin with, (being free speech and expression world wide) was way over the top. granted there are rules and guidelines to follow for every site.

like a mother lion teaching a cub to hunt, he would have soon gotten deeper insight and withstood a fighting chance out there. and possibly been a better cdl driver eventually because of it.

Now i dont know the guy from adam, but i am a compassionate person in general, as well as a husband, a father, a brother, and an uncle in life as well. a community needs to stand together, but this is just my 2 cents. and 2 cents dont add up to much unless you stack it all up over a period of time in a 1000 dollar jar.

Society in general is barely tolerant of truck drivers to begin with, and prejudice reigns supreme in this industry with all the pee bottles littering our hiways and such, and the bad rapp on trucks in general doesnt help at all either. Its my opinion i just seen that same type of concept in reversal here <shrug>

beat me with the ban stick as well if you think i am out of line for stating my thoughts on this. but i am just stating and sharing an observance.

i just think the guy should have been given a reprmand for conduct on forum in private. and some shouldnt have been hard on him and more tried to motivate him. i know i spent a few hours last night documenting a list of companies in his area for him to call up and get some OTR training. i did this on my own time, when i should have been spending it with my baby girl and boy and my wife. but i did it to help a comrade in arms so to speak, because it was the humane thing to do. i dont regret that.

i think the guy should be given another chance on this forum. under his already assumed identity.

peace.
Contrary to your opinion there was absolutely NO over-moderating in this case. Actually, quite to the contrary. You, and everyone else for that matter, are only privy to the public areas of this forum. Perhaps there are things that are said or go on behind the scenes.

While I appreciate your compassion his time was up here for a variety of reasons. The latest posts that he made contained a lot of inappropriate language, something that we don't tolerate and is against the TOS. I think it was very noble of you to go out of your way to help him research companies. We need more members like you.

Old 10-19-2005, 10:24 PM

RR was one of my favorite posters and I will mourn for this board's great loss. :lol:
Old 10-19-2005, 10:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokk

He SAID he had the desire, but what he really had was a mouth full of Want, and a hand full of Gi'mmie!! We tried to offer options to help him, but all he wanted was an easy way in. RR had never driven OTR, but felt qualified to "counsel" and ridicule other drivers. Many of us attempted to offer help in a constructive manner, but there are certain obstacles that none of us could control; his driving record for one. He didn't like being dealt with harshly, but he could be quite contempable with other group members whenever he felt like it

RR had more than adequate opportunity to learn; but he already knew too much for anyone here to help him. as far as us "Super Truckers" (which I'm not, in any sense of the word) none of us had any obligation to put up with his abusive, snivvelling, spoiled-rotten-child like temper tantrums.

The more we tried to help him, (and yes, that meant standing him in front of a mirror, and telling him "You are your biggest problem"), the more belligerent he became. He was too arrogant and self righteous to see that he was his own worst enemy. As far as helping him beyond that point, ask yourself "Why should we??"

The freight lanes and truck stops are already overburdened with far too many immature, irresponsible, "my life doesn't work, and it's everybody else's fault" people in this profession. We don't need to help put another one on the highways.

There is only so much in the way of verbal abuse, insults, and profanity from one person that we should have to endure. RR got himself booted out, and I applaud the moderators for banning him. I know that you say that you are not excusing or condoning his conduct, but it does seem that you are wanting to blame us for his own self destruction; in short, none of us owed RR anything.

The true professional drivers are members of a close fraternity; even though we may have never met in person, we share a bond that requires us to accept responsibility for our conduct and actions, maintain a realistic perspective on life in trucking, and encourage others to do the same. Clearly, RR had no intention of ever meeting those standards.

RR is not our "cub, or our "son". I have a wonderful "tweenage daughter, who has been about as easy to rear as any child could ever be. Could that have something to do with my wife's roll as her mother, and my roll as her father?? As I said RR was not my "Cub"; I would never put up with that kind of crap from my child!!

This brings me back to a point that I made earlier. Part of the reason trucking has such a bad reputation is because there are too many drivers with his attitudes out on the highways as it is!! The fraternity of truly professional drivers is not going to welcome him, or others like him, within our ranks!!

No one is going to ban you for having a difference of opinion; that is a wonderful thing about freedom. Although I disagree with you, I applaud you for speaking out. But, there are reponsibillities that go with those rights. Now surely you will agree that RR wasn't to keen on the idea of personal resonsibility!!

It was kind of you to want to help him, but was he willing to accept it?? Quite honestly, you seem like a caring, compassionate person. RR doesn't deserve your time or efforts. Your children do!!

peace.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:43 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

yeah useless, i know what your saying, and dont get me wrong. i am not blaming anyone here on this forum. so please dont read too much into my post.

i have a 14 year old son, whom doesnt live with me, but rather his mother, my ex. he has troubles and i sometimes fear for him when it comes to his guidance in lifes lessons.. its just a part of me thats instilled that wants to help. i cant help that, its my nature. now on the other hand, i can be hateful, vengeful, spiteful and turn day into night in seconds, thats in my nature as well. but i choose not to show the dark side in life or on internet.

my original post on this thread wasnt to cast blame or fault. it was rather, just to point out the things i said. no one is or was expected to hold his hand and teach him, no one was expected to shake him by the neck and slapp the crapola out of him and knock the "know it all out of him" hell, no one is expected to "tolerate" anything from anyone at anytime. I am with you and in agreement on that wholeheartedly. no noone was at fault. except RR himself. and i am sure in the background theme of things going on things may have been said or actions taken obviously.

i was simply replying to the topic of fact, as an outside eye looking inward, as well as trying to convey an act of compassion and understanding.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe
To answer to original question. Well, not very likely!! :wink:

Don't want to give away all our secrets but we "might" know if he came back.

Quite frankly, I'd be OK with it if he did come back and contribute in a positive, informative, inspirational, meaningful way.

My take on him. There's nothing wrong with thinking out loud if you are all by yourself but he mastered the art of typing out loud on a public forum. Not the best way to project yourself.
not really a secret Scoe but Everybody has an "ISP" number-I guess he could switch providers but I doubt it that'll happen.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member

I have never ever felt that ANYONE has the RIGHT to free speech on the internet. This is a moderated forum and as such there are rules and regulations to be abided by.

If you cant abide by them, then hit the road. You have no God given or man given right to be here.