View Poll Results: If I was to drive an additional 12 minutes, it would be illegal according to the driving laws, but w
Yes 13 40.63%
No 18 56.25%
Depends on Company 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2005, 03:47 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Years ago if this guy ran his logs showing an average of 70mph and went into a scale with the DOT in there they would say to him-"OK-Show ME how you did it" and then get in the truck with him. :shock:
Old 08-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm working on forgiving. :x
Old 08-11-2005, 05:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
If we not home by the end of next week (suppose to be home the 17th) I putting her on a plane. I might have to sedate her but she's going.
Really, you think you can get me on a plane! :shock: I think we need to have a discussion regarding me leaving the truck. Better yet, if the truck is rolling, I'm staying end of discussion!!

Sorry to hijack - carry on.
so let me see if I've got this right-You're Both in the truck and passing the computer back and forth between you to post this? :roll:
Old 08-11-2005, 05:38 PM

Actually we have our own laptops but Bush Bunny has seem to latch onto my aircard. (She will probably throw that at me now.) She was making a point on her last post - got it won't do that again. ops: I have gone back in and retracted the last statement. I wonder why I was getting the green eye glare when I stopped for lunch. I think I'll get back to driving I stay out of trouble better when I'm behind the wheel. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-11-2005, 06:54 PM

Well one more hijack. Its nice to know you are not just a figment of her imagination Mad Dog. Now onto the plane thing. Did you ever watch the A-Team when it was on tv. If so you know were i am going with this. :wink:
Old 08-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[quote="yoopr"]you can only go over IF where you were headed was the Next SAFEST place to pull over in Extreme conditions.

This is the way I have always interpreted the law. I drove thru a blizzard in Texas back aways, and I was not allowed off the highway because the State police had the exit ramps blocked. I was out of hours, but had no choice but to keep on driving until I was out of the storm.
Nothing was ever said to me other why? I explained it to the safety director and never heard another word. You can drive over the allotted time in the event of an emergency. They will even let you do it if your wife is having a baby!!! I know, I did it!
Old 08-11-2005, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by susansmith
That's how I log too, sonic. I use a lower mph in my calculations, but bacsically... I figure how long it *should* have taken me to get there in a perfect world, and that's what I log.

I don't do it to go over 11 hours in a day, but to just not burn up my 70.

While I'm driving, I'm on line 3... but when I stop, it may turn out that my log may have gotten there a bit before I did.
I would not want to explain to DOT how my log is ahead of where I am nor would I want to explain why my log hasn't caught up with me.
You're not following me. When I'm driving, I'm on line 3. No one can "see" my log is ahead of me or behind me.

When I'm at a truck stop or terminal and shut down for my break, I do my mph calculation, and realize I *could* have gotten there an hour earlier if things hadn't gotten fubar'd (weather, traffic or whatever), I log that I got there an hour earlier.

There's no way to get caught unless a DOT office is actually watching you complete your log after watching you park.

This is *not* to extend my 11 or 14 hours, but to not burn up my 70.

I don't do the mph calculation the way the other d00d said. My company *requires* us to log at 5 mph lower than the speed limit up to a maximum of 62. So... if I went through a state with a speed limit of IA, IL, IN and OH (assuming turnpike in OH)... that's speed limits of 70, 55, 65 and 65... or the average of 62, 50, 60 and 60, which is 58.

When driving conditions are good, I can end up *ahead* of my log cause my company wants me to log below the speed limit. In those cases, I take an extra half hour or more at a rest area to let my log catch up with me.

Not burning up my 70 is more important than the 11 or 14 to me. I don't particularly *want* to drive more than 11 hours or extend my day beyond 14. If I split sleeper berth, it's because of an inconvenient shipping time... like maybe I drive to the consignee in 11 hours within a 14-hour day, go to sleep for 4 hours, wake up and unload, then finish up my break.

But on my log, I always spend 15 minutes on line 4 at a shipper or consignee, taking the rest as off-duty or sleeper time. This is generally *true* as well as I'm watching an episode of the Simpsons or napping if being loaded or unloaded.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez498
Well one more hijack. Its nice to know you are not just a figment of her imagination Mad Dog. Now onto the plane thing. Did you ever watch the A-Team when it was on tv. If so you know were i am going with this. :wink:

No, sorry not much of a TV watcher. I'm almost afraid to ask where you are going with this. :?
Old 08-12-2005, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Quote:

No, sorry not much of a TV watcher. I'm almost afraid to ask where you are going with this. :?
The A-Team was a show back in the 80s. Anyhow it had a character played by Mr T Picture below. Who was scared to death to fly. So everytime the needed to hop on a plane they slipped him a mickey.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The A-Team was a show back in the 80s. Anyhow it had a character played by Mr T Picture below. Who was scared to death to fly. So everytime the needed to hop on a plane they slipped him a mickey.
Oh me, oh my! :shock: No, not going down that road again. She can stay right where she is - in the truck. :wink: Finally, have found ourselves on the eastside of the river - actually as an ego boaster I let her drive it over. After our delivery in NC if we have nothing going back home - I'm going to dead head back to Indiana. Advised our dispatcher tonight, we better go North or don't even dispatch. No more, she has been out long enough.