User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Ionic Filters?

Hi Everyone

I have been searching for an air filter for transport trucks and all I come across are ionic filters that supposedly not only clean the air but keep you awake. I did some research on ionic filters and found that for the most part they do not do a very good job at filtering the air and also off gas ozone. Ozone apparently is bad for you and not something you want to be inhaling a lot of. Being that when we are on the road we are exposed to diesel exhaust, tire dust, air pollution from factories and countless other issues that can affect our respiratory system. All of which can lead to many health issues immediately or in the future depending upon our own individual sensitivities I would think the last thing you would want to do is add another possible pollutant to your truck cab.

I am asking if anyone here is currently using an air filtration in their truck cab and if so what are you using? Is it making a difference?

Below is an interesting article on tire dust which I never even though of as an issue.

RACHEL #439: TIRE DUST

I spoke with one online website who is selling a unit that plugs into you cigarette lighter ( www.driveair.ca ) I think i was speaking to the owner Jim I can not remember his last name, but anyway it does not matter. He thinks another major issue could be the brake dust coming off of brakes. The main issue is that a lot of auto parts these days are made in China and who knows what they are putting in these parts. What are we breathing in on daily basis?

Any thoughts on this I would be very interested in hearing your feedback.