User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

OK.....that got real ugly real fast........please don't do the truck any harm though. Not the trucks fault in this. Might want to breathe, I understand your p!ssed but is it worth potentially going to jail over? Remember, kids are involved here. I was hot with my wife, had her stuff packed up when she got home. I wanted to deck her over all the lying she had done to me and was continuing to do. I digressed and instead just told her what I knew and went bone chilling cold on her for a few weeks. It wasn't worth going to jail over with our 1 year old here.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Rookie

Your absolutely right.. I've come too far to backslide . I've dot the drug scene the jail scene and the prison scene. It is what it is. I'm letting go of what I saw in his phone I'm letting go of the hurtful words he said to me yesterday. Today is a new day and I'm okay. I have 2 kids and I have me. Time for me to do me. I can do this. No more fighting and bickering.. It is what it is. If he isn't cheating then that's good if he is then it is what it it. I'm home with my kids all day no car no money I live in patterson ca ****ing boring ass cow town. No friends no family nobody. I haven't been a angel I've made mistakes in the past but I work on it and work on me everyday. I just need some help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2014, 06:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Coming from a Female Ex-Trucker, life on the road is very hard and extremely boring if your driving the same area all the time. From the sound of what your saying ~ he isn't getting to see different parts of the lower 48's, and so he is home more often to be with his family. So joking with his friend about lot lizards is just that ~ joking ~ if you could of ever seen the lizards I've seen over the years you would Know there is 'nothing' to be concerned about. As long as your desireable when he comes home. I drove cross country and sometimes not be home for 6 weeks at a time, so you can be certain one of the first things I wanted to do was take a shower in my own Clean restroom, then go to bed and sleep in My bed till I was rested up. The road can and will play games with your mind, spirit, energy and reality.... The best thing you can do treat him like the king he is, for putting his Life in danger each and every day to provide an income for his wife and children.... I understand your lonely since you say you live in a small town and no family around .... so find something of interest, a hobby, do something of interest that you can tell him about or share with him ... Or just remind Him each time You speak to him out much you love him and appreciate the long hours he works to take care of his family.... As the spouse at home, he doesn't want to hear about how lonely you are all the time and bored you may be while he's gone, or you have no family around to spend time with..... He needs to Know that there is a Purpose for him to seriously put his life on the line each day for someone that adores him. ... I personally know how 'fast' a trucker can lose his life, I've seen it personally, I watched drivers drive off the hwy because their half asleep, because they must make their drop off or pick up time each day .... He can't control the traffic jams, or the stupid 4 wheeler's that try to force him to move over to let them in ... there's so many reasons why he wants to sleep in a Safe place when he gets home. The adjustment period is only going to be as long as both of you make it..... I agree with GMAN ... find a pastor or qualified person the two of you can speak with on strengthing your marriage .... This Life style Isn't for everyone, but it can make a darn good income for a family, as long as Both of the partners are striving to stay positive.... Strive to be the Positive Wife for the Man who is making the living for you and your children.... Make his favorite meal when he comes home ~ bake a couple batches of cookies 'just for him to take on the truck' ... when your packing his bag with fresh clothes to go back on the road put a pair of your sexy undies in his bag. Put a note in his bag tell him how much you love and adore him ... something he can hold that you did just for him. When he's tired he'll know your thinking of him. Be the wife that supports her husband, and in turn you will be blessed with a husband that Will want to come home to you. Give him a reason to remember why it was the two of you feel in love and keep that memory going..... Again this Life as a Trucker and Spouse isn't for everyone, but by golly girl you give it your Best shot...

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 10-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Rookie

Damn 4roses I lay here in bed with my kids and I'm thinking of all the bitching and hired I gave to this man for joking around with his friend. Instead of letting go of something so small I just kept on hassling him. For the past few weeks I have given this man grief and he's apologized and tried so hard for me to forgive his mistake and I still didn't let go. Well he finally had it and put me in my place. And then called me back and apologized Saying he was angry and said that stuff out of anger. So I just stopped all communication. I need to give him his space and find myself.

Old 10-22-2014, 06:44 AM
Rookie

I spoke to my church family and I need to be more independent and stop being so damn needy for everything . I need to do me. And since him and I are not speaking is a perfect time for me to gather my negativity and throw it away.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:40 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you are involved in a church, many of them have small Bible study groups that meet weekly. Some have programs for families to get more involved. Some of the groups are designed so you can get to know others in your church family. It might help you to see if there are other spouses of truckers in your area to share your feelings. There might even be some of them in your church.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:42 PM
Rookie

So this morning this truckers wife woke up got myself and my kids ready looking real pretty and **** and were going to go for a walk but my husband was home and he insisted we use his car he was being nice this morning and he asked if we would like to go to the pumpkin patch this evening.

Old 10-23-2014, 03:13 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

That is a good sign, Crystal. Being married takes a lot of effort on both sides. It sounds like he is trying to make an effort.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:10 PM
Rookie

But hold on gman. On Monday he told me how much of a piece of **** I was and called me a bunch of names and asked for a divorce. How can I in 2 days just let that **** go because he let me use his car for 10 minutes before calling me and asking for it back. Because he took me and the kids to the pumpkin patch the only reason he needed me is because he needed help with the kids. Those were his words. So I'm still not over the hurt and ugly words from Monday. He gets paid weekly and leaves me no money or car.
Old 10-24-2014, 01:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think it may be time to sit down with an uninterested third party, such as your pastor or marriage counselor. Name calling should never be done, especially in a marriage. There should be ground rules for disagreeing. He may just need some space. There are a lot of stresses in this industry. Some people have a difficult time dealing with the alone time on the road and being away from home. Your husband or you could be the type who find it difficult to be alone. It is important for the two of you to be able to sit down and calmly discuss what is going on in your relationship.