User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 09:57 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bandit's Dad

Got a call from my dad on Monday morning when I was in witchita... He told me he was in intensive care down in Phoenix, AZ and took an ambulance ride in the night before.

Turns out, he has an AVM, which pretty much is a artery with veins tangled in it or something. On top of that, he has a detached retina. When it rains it pours.

I boogied booty out of Wichita, KS to Phoenix nonstop to go to the hospital. They ended up releasing him, but brain surgery is probably going to be probable. If he does nothing, there's a 30% chance he can die. If he does the surgery, there's a 70% chance he'll lose all vision.

Anyways, he goes to have the retina surgery in a few hours, which is really minor, and and outpatient procedure. It's the brain thing that has him worried. Anyone ever hear of this problem>>>?

Anyways, it sucks because he's an o/o with Allied and kind of needs to see to work. Luckily, hhg is still lagging and not ready to pick up for a good 2 months.

I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:46 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

sorry to hear about your dad. it's tough when faced with the prospect of losing your livelihood. just don't be afraid to ask questions about the brain surgery during the surgical consult. it's his health you are talking about. if your family has concerns express them to the doctors. if you want a second opinion, don't be afraid to get one.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller