User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008, 01:54 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sick kids

I'm tired of sick kids. As soon as I get two or three of them well, whichever one was leftover is sick and starts the cycle over again. I have 4 - a 4th grade girl, a 5th grade boy and a 6th grade girl (who had her first dance this weekend, believe it or not! WTF?!? In 6th grade?)...and a 20 month old. Last Friday, I had to take Ben (5th grader) to get a blood draw to see if he has mono... that was one of the most hideous days of my life. He is scared of needles (and so am I). They told me I had to sit with him in my lap and wrap my legs around him, which I did, hoping I didn't pass out, too. They called in two additional nurses to help but Ben still got one arm loose and elbowed me right in the nose/cheek. Hopefully, I'll get his results today...I sure hope he doesn't have mono.

Ben had been sick Thursday (stomach bug) and is just finishing up a prescription of antibiotics for strep throat. The baby and my youngest girl are finishing up antibiotics for sinus infections.

Last night, the baby started throwing up around 10 and didn't stop until 3 this morning. I'm really tired...I need to find someone that would be willing to trade lives with me for like two days...I'd take even one day!!! I need a break!! Any takers...?!?!

Humphry Davy
Old 11-17-2008, 02:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Not a trade, but I know what might help!!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

I tried last night...I had a Woodchuck. Why...OH WHY...does my husband never buy me what I ask for?!? That is the SECOND time I have told him not to get me anything if he can't find what I want! I wanted vodka and tonic! Maybe it's a blessing. The last time I asked for something in particular (rum...something nice, not cheap), he came back with dark rum...an offbrand...it sucked huge! It's still sitting in the pantry. I do like Woodchuck...but only one variety of it. I can always find it! WHy can't he?!?! However, he can always seem to find his favorite...I'm going to the strip myself next time.

Humphry Davy
Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

You have been looking a little tired...but can't you at least try putting on some make-up. That may help you feel better.

Anyway...it's too late now for you lady.
You had your chance to eat your young, when their bones were soft.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:50 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO DELETE THAT PIC, RH! NOT POST IT!!! And that one WAS with makeup! I need to go get my hair did - that's the problem!!

Yep, my kids won't taste good any more anyway..I left them on the counter one night and they spoiled!

Humphry Davy

Last edited by BlooMoose; 11-18-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:29 AM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

it's going around. my son had a cold for 2 weeks. then out of the blue sun. night he threw up. thank goodnes only once. i had a nagging sore throat all last week. since yesterday it has gotten worse. now i can feel the congestion coming on. i hate being sick and still have to do all the house chores.

i feel for you. my daughter hasn't gotten it yet. i am hoping it will skip her. and hope springs eternal.

"Remember, if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do." - Warren Miller
Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

Ok...Ben does have mono. There's nothing they can do about that. He is now justified in being tired and cranky, I guess. Makes ME feel a whole lot better??? Not.

AND...the stomach crap going around is a documented health alert in Lubbock now...Shigellosis. YAY!! YAY!!....not.

I'm done. I've had my share of gross buggies in my house. It's somebody else's turn.

Humphry Davy
Old 11-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMoose View Post
Ok...Ben does have mono. There's nothing they can do about that. He is now justified in being tired and cranky, I guess. Makes ME feel a whole lot better??? Not.

AND...the stomach crap going around is a documented health alert in Lubbock now...Shigellosis. YAY!! YAY!!....not.

I'm done. I've had my share of gross buggies in my house. It's somebody else's turn.

Hopefully no "donner quelque chose de mano a mano" with that mono ew mono!!!! You all will be lying around vying for the remote!

Get well soon, Y'all
Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Board Icon

I've got a 4 month old, and he's got a head cold.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 11-19-2008, 03:00 PM
K-Mart Secret Shopper
Senior Board Member

They won't give babies hardly anything these days. Dalton (my 20-month old) just got off a Zithromax prescription for a sinus infection...and now his nose is running like a faucet. It's sooo gross. All green and crusty. I could handle it a lot better if he'd keep his fingers out of his nostrils. We all have a lot of allergies and they just harvested the cotton around here. That is what sent everyone into a sinus infection. Watch out for ear infections. If your son gets to where he just cries all the time and wont sleep (and I'm not talking the usual up and down's at nights), you might check for an ear infection. Dalton finally got tubes when he was just over a year. They wont put them in until they have so many documented ear infections. It drove me crazy - Dalton would just toss and turn and scream and cry all night. But he was a whole different child after the tubes. But you have to take them in everytime so it gets documented. He would be fine during the day but, at night, it was horrible. It's because of the pressure on their ears when they lay down.

Humphry Davy