User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Mom's Day....

Share your plans or ideas for celebrating the woman who gave you life.

Now mom's aren't perfect and by all means, if you don't celebrate them it is entirely your decision, or if you thank them all year long, that too is a welcome idea.

Please share any fond memory of your mother, If you don't have one, share something positive about yourself that you can appreciate is from her, I'm going to give an illustration here so you can get the idea.

There are both positives and negatives about people, that is always a given, some have more of one then the other, but a good perspective is about looking for that lemonaid in that juicy lemon. Example: There is something that a mom does that a child decides they don't like, and they don't like it enough that they(the child) makes a decision to be opposite that trait.

In the flavor of the above, I honor my mom.....

Mother of five daughters..... total insanity if you ask me but the woman gets props for doing something so difficult. Most of the time as a single mom.
Strong woman, but very very nuturing.... doesn't matter time of day or the crisis, If one of her five daughters calls her she does whatever she can to help, that could mean prayer, babysit,or drop everything to met you at the ER.
My mom always visits her ill mother every Sunday giving her ice cream along with a few other people she has met there.

Things I personally acknowledge about my mom, is now matter how mad or upset she is, She always calls me for help, and I can always make her laugh, Usually at herself.
I love laughing with my mom.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Senior Board Member

My Mom's Day went like this.... well Saturday my boys and man took me to Iron man....

" I AM IRONMAN" :wink:

Nice....

Sunday we had church and my husband said he needed to make another trip to the hobby store. Not surprising He just assembled a RC Lear Jet, It is ready for it's maiden flight, really cool and really fast. So back from the hobby store and the bag is on the ground. Oldest boy starts pointing to the bag..

OK.... " so I say what, realize they are all starring at me. So I kick the bag..... To my amazement there is a large Jewerly Store Box inside...

For ME!!!! it's beautiful

Of course Im worth more. :wink: But I like it a lot. three for my 3boys.

Not expected at all, hope everyone's Mother's Day was as nice.
Sometimes it sucks being the only girl in my little family, Other times, It really pays.
Old 05-13-2008, 02:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
OK.... " so I say what, realize they are all starring at me. So I kick the bag..... To my amazement there is a large Jewerly Store Box inside...

For ME!!!! it's beautiful
, sounds like your raising your 3 "boys...and your man" exactly the way they should be....Good Job, Mom...
Old 05-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew10
, sounds like your raising your 3 "boys...and your man" exactly the way they should be....Good Job, Mom...
Not sure if it is me or they are just finally getting it. Husband does know how to be romantic, it just takes work.... so one needs to be motivated to do so. :wink:

Really not at all interested in jewerly, I am taking back the earrings for a weed wacker , Kids and I do all the yard work and mine is broken. But what really tickles me the right way, Is the thought of him in the mall :shock: , shopping for it with the boys. That right there is the important lesson. I only wish I could be a fly on the wall. But I would have objected if I was there, Husband never looks at price before buying and that's all I look at before I decide if I even like something.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukrswyfe
But what really tickles me the right way, Is the thought of him in the mall :shock: , shopping for it with the boys. That right there is the important lesson. I only wish I could be a fly on the wall. But I would have objected if I was there, Husband never looks at price before buying and that's all I look at before I decide if I even like something.
Ain't that the truth :lol:
Old 05-13-2008, 11:56 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Husband never looks at price before buying and that's all I look at before I decide if I even like something.
Im just the opposite of you Husband....my Ex was just like Him though.

Quote:
Really not at all interested in jewerly
Thats probably one you should keep, seem they put their "heart" into it.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
Senior Board Member

I know I'm late on this but all I did was make a card for my mom and it said this, I made this up myself:

"Dear Mom,

No hallmark card can tell you how much I love you or how much you made an impact on my life, no hallmark card can tell you that your my other guardian angel that makes me happy and proud to be on this earth. I'm thankful that mother's can't be replaced cause I wouldn't trade you for anything. As I'm preparing this card for my role model and mother it's hard not to keep from tearing up becuase you don't know how much you mean to me! I really enjoy being able to talk to you about ANYTHING and making each other laugh! Those are the two things that makes me proud to be your son but not the only things! These are things that are irreplacable and bonds me closer to you. The only thing a hallmark can say is I love you!

Love, Larry"