User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Prayers on BEHALF of Hobo

Notice I didn't say FOR me! I'm still unsure of their benefit, and certainly still consider MYSELF unworthy....

But, for those of you who DO pray, and believe in the power of prayer, I ask for them on behalf of my neighbor!

I live in a duplex, and for some time now, there has been a very nice lady of about 68 yrs old living there. A few months ago, she had an Aortal Disection that bled into her stomach, and they almost lost her. Her daughter (our age) is an ICU nurse, and (since she conveniently broke up her marriage) came to live with her mother there.

Well, this morning I came home from a run, and within minutes, the daughter was at my doorstep with tears in her eyes. Her mother passed away Wednesday morning.... while I was OTR.... and I will never have a quiet conversation with her again! She had ANOTHER A/D but this time UP into her heart.... and it was all over!

The daughter, recently lost her ONLY son in a car accident, (and of course, is going through a divorce.) How much strife should ONE person have to take at ONE TIME?

No prayers are needed for the mother (my neighbor.) She is with God (if that's what you believe.) But, the daughter has had more than one person should have to bear in less than six months! A failed marriage, an ONLY son killed, and her mother has died! :shock: :roll:

She is a strong woman, but she is in pain! I am of LITTLE use, as I am not strong in the faith she believes in! No one wants to hear MY "beliefs" about God at a moment like this!

So, I ask for your prayers for HER! And if you have one left over..... you might ask that my "buddy" up in heaven will give ME the right words to say now and then to help ease her pain!

I'd LIKE to write her a poem. That's my simple gift. But, for that I need inspiration. I mean.... I need a 'seed' phrase! One I can build upon! But, having lost NOBODY of my own.... I don't really have a clue! The story of Job is old and tired. What does one SAY to someone who has lost everything that mattered to them within such a short time?

She "recited" to me the standard belief that "God will not give you more than you can bear," and SHE is a strong woman..... so she says..... but, I've heard all of this before!

Someone give me something NEW.... and we'll see if god really WANTS me to say something important to her.

Anyway.... thanks for listening.

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Senior Board Member

My belief is that god puts tests in front of people to prepare them for something to come.

I also believe that if a person gets presented with the same tests over and over, it means that the person has not learned an important lesson.

I also believe that a person in grieving pain will reach out to the one god's messenger that they think will help them best.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Silly Goose
Senior Board Member

I'll be sure to include her in my prayers.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

God doesn' t always explain the trials... but rest assured. He is neither surprised by them or caught off guard by them. Seeing these trials from far off, ask her if He had been speaking to her before hand.

I have had trials that seemed to never end, one right after another. But God is faithful to both prepare, and sustain His people. John10:1

Jesus speaking, Most assuredly I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way is a thief and a robber. But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice( the voice of the shepherd; and he calls his sheep by name and leads them out.And when he brings out his sheep , he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. Yet they will by no means follow a stranger,

A believer can take great comfort in this simple passage.
If you are his, then you hear his voice.
Not the voice of man or a human, but the voice of a father.
When a child is born they don't comprehend words of speech but they do understand the voice of the one that nurtures them. A baby knows it's mamas voice, It doesn't understand all the words but it know when I hear my mom, "Good things come, and then I make a mess in my pants and mama cleans me up" continues to happen as we grow older, We make a mess and God comes along and cleans us up.

Very simliar to hearing the inaudible voice of God, you know through the word of God, through the peace in your heart, that passes all understanding.
The Good Shepherd. Psalm 23
Most can resight it. Jesus mets are needs, He goes before the sheep,

John10:7 Jesus speaking
Most assuredly , I say to you I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear the,. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that them may have it more abundantly.
11 I m the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and and know by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father, and I lay down my life for the sheep. And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice, and there will be one flock and one shepherd.

The words of Jesus are a great comfort, that we his sheep will be all together in the end. Yet He Jesus had to suffer loss and death to accomplish this. Death no longer has a sting, with a life in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 139 God's Perfect Knowledge of Man( or woman) :wink:

O Lord, You have searched me and know me
You know my sitting down and my rising up
You understand my thoughts afar off
You comprehend my path and lying down
And you are acquianted with all my ways
For there is not a word on my tongue
But behold you, O Lord, You know it altogether
You have hedged me behind and before
and laid Your hand upon me
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me
It is high and I cannot attain it

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
or where can I flee from Your presence?

Ok GH

you will have to look the rest up, tired of typing,

This is an extremely comforting psalm. I know others should you have need of them. My prayers are yours.

God Bless
TW

Should you care to do a word study,,, look up door in a strong's

It is interesting to know there is only one door to Noak's ark and the Tabernacle. both of which would fail to meet building codes today. But the One Door is significant.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Senior Board Member

You aren't giving her anything new, but the love and kindness of a friend is the ultimate blessing. Prayers are given to her loss and strength for both your grieving.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

You lost a friend too, share your memories of her Mother with her.

Lyrics: Tears are a Language (As recorded by Booth Brothers)

Often you’ve wondered why tears come into your eyes
and burdens seem to be much more than you can stand.
But God is standing near, He sees your falling tears.
Tears are a language God understands.

When grief has left you low, it causes tears to flow.
When things have not turned out the way that you had planned.
But God won’t forget you, His promises are true.

God sees the tears of a broken-hearted soul.
He sees your tears and hears them when they fall.
God weeps along with man and takes him by the hand

Reb

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Board Regular

No need to say anything smart, cute, witty or profoundly enlightening.

She will likely appreciate a patient listener, more than anything else.
Liberals - Relentless, Vile, Sniveling, Whining, Lying, Vitriolic Complainers.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:01 AM
Senior Board Member

Sometimes a person going through this only needs to have someone that will listen.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Hobo my friend for some reason I was really touched by this.. Some of y'all know my outlook on death and the ones left. That being said without going into detail..

You have been given some good scriptur's and advice, from TruckersWyfe, Rebel Darlin, and some others who I really havn't had the pleasure to speak to.

This lady is your friend, and that right there should tell you something..
Clue #1
She is a Woman

Answer
Just Listen

Don't say anything untill she ask.. For we who are grieving have a hard time listining to anything or anyone, Until we are ready.

Lots of phisical touch, Hold her- Show her that there is someone who really cares, wanting Nothing in return ( I do not mean sexualy, but as a friend). What I mean by that is dont expect a thankyou or anything.
Friend ship is as one gives, the other is receptive.

But most of all just be an ear and a warm body for her to cling too. A form of steady solid base, for her to lean on..

I did think of a scriptur, But I believe the others have pretty much got it coverd. As for prayers You will be in my prayers for strienght for this will be draining to you. You will find that your mind, body, and spirit will be exausted after being around her. The reason of this is, you will be dealing with her aching hurt, and your own.. When you put yourself in this position you are being a form of a dual person. I cant think of the name, but basicaly you are standing in her place and your own while she recovers. You are taking most of the negative energy spiritualy. And most of it will come from just being around her. But you will endure, for that is what friends are for. And once she comes out of the phase, you will see things get back to normal, once she accepts and moves on..

Sorry if I am not too much help, I spoke what came to mind and heart.

Your friend
Slimland
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 05-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Board Icon

Just wanted to say thanks to all who responded. I haven't had much time to talk with her. I'm afraid someday she'll just break down, cuz she STILL hasn't really let herself grieve for EITHER of them.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.