User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2007, 05:52 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any wives that are also dispatchers here?

I'll soon have my own account under MrsFlatbedPete, but until then, how many of you dispatch for your hubby? And if so, do you ever get a butt chewing that you know he wouldn't get with a "hired dispatcher"? I love being a part of the company but I can't help but feel I'm not treated the same as a stranger.....
Old 10-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Board Regular

I've had the chance to tell mine where to go a quite a few times.......I mean to help him relocate freight to different areas .......it's been awhile since I've really actively done this as there are some good contracts with places here that I don't need to do this too much anymore, just an occasional thing now and then going through places we've worked with before seeing if they have anything needing toted from place to place.......

As far as the 'butt chewing', I tell him the same as I have anyone else I've found loads and such along the trucking lines......a company he was with before I worked in the office when I wasn't traveling around and would spend time in there getting them set up with the loads or whatever needed doing while they were out and about.......I know I heard the same as the ones that were in the office all the time did, really never bothered me, we roundabout way found a sense of humor in it.........cause one time I was out on a run and my husband happened to be running through the office, I needed some repair work and him trying to be helpful tried to find me a shop to get into then gave me directions, he sent me to a strip joint ....had to get ahold of one of the office regulars to get me the right place...still tease him about that and it's been over two years ago now.......
Old 02-27-2008, 01:15 AM
Rookie

I'm a little late on this topic...I've been dispatching my boyfriend for about 5 months now. Until he got a taste of what it was really like dispatching he would make little comments that rubbed me wrong. Like...'that's a HEAVY load' or 'that's a long way to deadhead'.

It's a hard job...you make TONS of calls to hear brokers offer you terrible paying loads until you find one decent load you can accept. Anyway, after I blew up at him one day and told him how many calls I actually make before finding that ONE load that is...
1. going where he wants to go
2. paying what he wants it to pay
3. not too much weight
4. not on a route with a lot of toll roads
5. going to an area where there's some back hauls, and
6. with a broker who will actually pay us this year.
Well, now he's afraid to say anything but 'Thank you!'
Old 02-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Senior Board Member

It's always nice when they actually get to see what we do...Since we don't make such a fuss over every thing. H atempted to fill my shoes once. Kids were a mess, house was a mess, yard was a mess and bills were a mess. Now he has no problem with me home taking care of business, I can still find time to do a whole lot more, since I work in my sleep too. :lol:

rbstrucker good for you. :wink: