User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default the hardest part for me is....

the night that Hubby leaves. I do ok once he is gone, out of site, but watching him leave for another week gets to me. I guess I'll get used to it, but as of right now thats the hardest part. When he drove for a local company he worked crazy hours and when he was at home he was in bed asleep.At least now when he is home on the weekend we actually spend time together as a family. There is no more trying to keep 3 kids quiet so that daddy can sleep. Our youngest 2 are in camp this week so its just me and our 11 year old untill Friday. Maybe i'll get some housework done lol.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
Senior Board Member

U R not alone; its been nearly 2 yrs that he's been driving, and I still get all weepy everytime he leaves- but I dont see him for at least a month at a time usually. :sad:
Old 06-27-2007, 03:03 AM
Senior Board Member

No, you're not alone at all. 6 months into this, and everytime he leaves I still struggle with the first day/night. I buck up and do pretty much just fine in between times, but it really hits when he leaves again, no matter how long he's been here, or how long he'll be gone.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Rookie

The time when he walks out the door, or when I do, if I have to leave for work before he leaves, is the hardest for me. I often get weepy. The first evening used to be the extra difficult, but I started giving myself some sort of treat that evening. Nothing too extravagant, just something to look forward to. Trying to make the situation into something positive. Usually it works, but when it doesn't, my dog is treated to the sound of me sighing a lot.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:35 PM
Rookie

Our situations are pretty similar truckerslady. My husband is new to OTR...worked locally night runs for the past year or two. When he did the local runs he'd get in early in the morning, sleep through the day and I'd have to keep the kids somewhat quiet. They'd then see Daddy for only an hour or two before he'd be back out the door. Since being OTR he is gone for about a week but then when he's home he's actually here and we can spend time together rather than a rushed point form breakdown of what's going on in our family.
It is hard to see him go...the kids take it the worst which kills me :sad: And of course I'm always thinking the worst...what if there's an accident ...what if what if. But being able to talk to him every day makes it a little better and eases our minds.
By the way, I too get my best housework done when he's out of my hair LOL

Michelle
Old 07-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Board Regular

After 3 years of being with my hubby it still happens to both of us. When I leave for a run I get all weepy and miss him before I've even left. He gets the same way. He doesn't even like to talk about my leaving on a run. There's no time limit to when this will end or if it will. It just tells him and me that we love and care for each other.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Rookie