User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default no food for 36 hours

Do you think I did the wrong thing in calling Trans am myself?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Rookie
Default No food

Oh, no. My husband has had something to drink. He said he was drinking a coke when I talked to him. And he still had some of the snacky stuff left, so I don't think he's in danger of dying at this point, but I know he's in need of a real meal and a chance to stock up some drinks and food. He gets headaches if he doesn't have coffee in the morning like so many of us.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Default Re: no food for 36 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty3
Do you think I did the wrong thing in calling Trans am myself?
No-Not with the Seriousness that Twilight Flyer has mentioned.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Senior Board Member

a trainer A REAL TRAINER would have taken your husband to walmart before starting out and would have told him HIS rules about when thay would be stopping to buy food for the truck and about stopping to eat and buy drinks on the road that way thay both know what is going on...

and saying he will stop at the NEXT walmart is a lie, if that were true you would not be asking what to do as he would have done it already, after all wal-mart's are everyware.

their is no reason that thay can't stop at fuel stops and get something this trainer is a real a$$ and i would do as Twilight Flyer said but i would do it sitting in the front seat in front of him when i called... just to show him what an a$$ he is. also calling safety and telling then he is to weak to driver as the trainer will not stop and let he eat may get the point across.

just my .02
Old 06-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flood
a trainer A REAL TRAINER would have taken your husband to walmart before starting out and would have told him HIS rules about when thay would be stopping to buy food for the truck and about stopping to eat and buy drinks on the road that way thay both know what is going on...

and saying he will stop at the NEXT walmart is a lie, if that were true you would not be asking what to do as he would have done it already, after all wal-mart's are everyware.

their is no reason that thay can't stop at fuel stops and get something this trainer is a real a$$ and i would do as Twilight Flyer said but i would do it sitting in the front seat in front of him when i called... just to show him what an a$$ he is. also calling safety and telling then he is to weak to driver as the trainer will not stop and let he eat may get the point across.

just my .02
that's why I called him a So-Called Trainer-guy is a joke and needs to be gone.
Old 06-15-2007, 08:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

OK, if he's had something to drink, then we're back to his trainer just being a complete a$$. Your initial post read like he had been deprived of both food and water for 36 hours.

Quote:
He gets headaches if he doesn't have coffee in the morning like so many of us.
That's Caffeine withdrawal. It means that your caffeine intake is too much for the body to properly process. Been there, done that. Ain't fun. Getting off a regular coffee/coke routine solves it in a couple of days.

Back to the trainer, your husband still needs to stiffen up his spine. Screw rocking the boat. There are some things that just fall under common human decency.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:48 PM
Rookie
Default Still waiting

Thanks to all of you for responding. I totally agree with the post that said the trainer should have started out at Walmart and told him what to expect. This "trainer" has been a winner since day one. Yesterday he came into the terminal to pick up my husband for his first day and just went about his own business of doing laundry, showering, basically disappearing while my husband sat in the lounge with his thumb up his behind. The guy didn't communicate. I've read a lot of posts about horrible trainers and this guy's not the worst I've heard of, but he's definitely got a lot to be desired. I'm glad I did the right thing by calling. I hope by tonight things are getting on track or he's got a new trainer. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the support!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:37 PM
Board Icon

Please let us know how things are going. Contact the safety director at TransAm, and tell him what is going on. Like everyone said, that trainer needs to be gone!

Tell the bosses at TransAm if they dont do anything about it, we all are gonna get that trainer, and let him spend the night in north Ft Worth. (he is in Dallas, right?) Maybe at that Pilot on I-35. Be a good place for him :P

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 06-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Still waiting

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty3
Thanks to all of you for responding. I totally agree with the post that said the trainer should have started out at Walmart and told him what to expect. This "trainer" has been a winner since day one. Yesterday he came into the terminal to pick up my husband for his first day and just went about his own business of doing laundry, showering, basically disappearing while my husband sat in the lounge with his thumb up his behind. The guy didn't communicate. I've read a lot of posts about horrible trainers and this guy's not the worst I've heard of, but he's definitely got a lot to be desired. I'm glad I did the right thing by calling. I hope by tonight things are getting on track or he's got a new trainer. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again for the support!

When I was with Trans Am, I had a trainer by the name of Wayne.. I cannot remember his last name, but he was from Utica, NY. He was an awsome trainer, and a good guy to be around.. Just as long as you don't take his language personal.. Us here in the south are sensitive to that :lol:
I will be the judge
And the jury

Neil Peart
Old 06-16-2007, 11:34 PM
Rookie
Default update

I talked to my husband last night and he said they stopped at a Burger King and he ate and stocked up on burgers to put in his trainers cooler. Also got some Mountain Dew in case he couldn't get coffee in the morning. On a positive note, he says his trainer is a good teacher, easy going and they are getting along. So, if he can get the food thing down, things should go pretty good. My husband loves driving the truck and thanks to this forum, we have support and knowledge on what to expect out there on the road. Thanks again for all the tips and support and I'll be in touch!