User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default husband went to work one day and never came home

I've just got a question...I guess.

I thought my marriage was good, when my husband was home for the week-ends, I never made him do anything. I did all cooking, mowing, washing, what ever. I wanted to make everything as easy on him as I could. He is a boat hualer and can be out for as long as a month at a time. So when he was home, I just wanted him to relax. Not have to worry about around the house things. Go hunting and fishing, enjoy his free time. Maybe I was to nice.

He had to leave out Dec 28, 2006, and since that time has only been home once, long enough to take a shower and wash his clothes, this was Jan 24th. He called me and told me that he was unhappy in the marriage, and that we should just be friends!!!!! Since that time I started doing some checking own my own, and have proof, that he has "friends" in at least 5 different cities. I have talked to all of them and none knew that he was married. This has been going on since at least 05. All broke it off with him except for one. That's a different story.

My Question....why would a person, just leave and never return. Is it easy for a driver to have different lives on the road? He almost seems to have a whole different family in CA, and MI.

Yes I have talked with a Lawyer, but this is just so hard for me to understand. I cant understand how a person could do this to another person. How he could have lived a lie for the lenght of time that he did. Trust me, I didnt have the foggest idea that anything was wrong with my marriage. Up till the day he left on the 28th, he was happy!

Is it that lonesome on the road that some men have to look around? I just need to know. If we had problems, I could deal with it a little bit better, but trust me, I never knew we had any.

Do a lot of drivers, that you see on the road, do this? I cant understand this.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Thats a very sad deal. :sad: Good luck to you.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Be glad you're not being cheated on anymore. I am sure the hurt is unbearable right now, but at least he was honest about not wanting to be married anymore.

I know the feeling...I had a similar situation- I was the driver being good, she was the one acting the fool at home. :cry:
Old 02-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: husband went to work one day and never came home

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksd

I thought my marriage was good, when my husband was home for the week-ends, I never made him do anything. I did all cooking, mowing, washing, what ever. I wanted to make everything as easy on him as I could. He is a boat hualer and can be out for as long as a month at a time. So when he was home, I just wanted him to relax. Not have to worry about around the house things. Go hunting and fishing, enjoy his free time. Maybe I was to nice.

He had to leave out Dec 28, 2006, and since that time has only been home once, long enough to take a shower and wash his clothes, this was Jan 24th. He called me and told me that he was unhappy in the marriage, and that we should just be friends!!!!! Since that time I started doing some checking own my own, and have proof, that he has "friends" in at least 5 different cities. I have talked to all of them and none knew that he was married. This has been going on since at least 05. All broke it off with him except for one. That's a different story.

My Question....why would a person, just leave and never return. Is it easy for a driver to have different lives on the road? He almost seems to have a whole different family in CA, and MI.

Yes I have talked with a Lawyer, but this is just so hard for me to understand. I cant understand how a person could do this to another person. How he could have lived a lie for the lenght of time that he did. Trust me, I didnt have the foggest idea that anything was wrong with my marriage. Up till the day he left on the 28th, he was happy!

Is it that lonesome on the road that some men have to look around? I just need to know. If we had problems, I could deal with it a little bit better, but trust me, I never knew we had any.

I can understand why you want answers! I really do! That must be devistating, but understand this is no fault to yours. Some men & women just have the cheating in them. Understand if he leaves you for another woman he will do it to that woman. In his case umm well he will be doing it to the 5 other women he has! He could be left in the dark, guess who he will run back to? YOU! Because he LOVES you! Will he do it again if you take him back? YES! You are probably better off without him, you will never trust him again. I have many drivers hitting on me and they are married, I simply tell them you are married and they say "what they don't know won't hurt" I try the reverse to get them off my case as in "I am with someone" the same comes out "what they don't know won't hurt". I want to smack them, but of course my job would fire me, so I just roll my eyes and go on about my business!
Please don't take him back unless YOU know for a fact you can trust him fully not to do it again! He will come back begging for you! Be happy, you deserve it :wink:
Old 02-26-2007, 03:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: husband went to work one day and never came home

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksd

This problem you have with your worst half is not a DRIVER thing. It is a MORAL and CHARACTER flaw that a lot of men and women of all walks of life these days seem to have. Absence makes the heart grow founder seems to be out the window these days. I feel for you, but you will heal and have a happy life.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Rookie

Hi there,

I am so sorry about your situation...He is not the right person for you to live with...you can find a good one for you...there are many good men who will be the one loves you and takes care of you.

Not all of drivers are like your husband. There are many ones try to work hard to support their families, kids. They are waiting for every two weeks to have 2 days off with families....

Trying to forget him. The right man will come to you....

Take care of yourself
Have a nice day

Tippy
Old 02-28-2007, 02:34 PM
Rookie

I am truly sorry to hear of your troubles. Had 2 liars and cheaters--neither of them were truck drivers. I am now married to a wonderful man whom I trust implicitly. The problem is not with you, it's his character. Forget you knew him! I know that's not easy, I've been there, but it's worth it in the long run.

My best friend's husband left one day for a meeting and never came back. They had 17 years of marriage and not a single warning sign. She was a perfect wife, imho. But he wasn't a perfect (or even decent) husband. It wasn't her, it was him. It took her years to figure that out, but 9 years later, she's happy and he's miserable. There is poetic justice in that. :wink:
Old 03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
Rookie
Default omg!!

That is terrible! What a pig! But, sadly yes that is how most men are. I don't think I know one woman that has never been cheated on, happy or not. For some reason, most men need variety. And not just on the road because the lazy men that don't work or help around the house still for some reason cheat. Good men out there don't take this the wrong way. There are a few of you out there who are loyal and I applaud you for that! But hopefully you can sue his ass for some serious money you deserve it for all her heart ache!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
That is terrible! What a pig! But, sadly yes that is how most men are.
I hope you're ready for the firestorm that is about to come your way. :roll:

Quote:
I don't think I know one woman that has never been cheated on, happy or not.
Then you need to get out more. :roll:

To characterize most men as cheating pigs and most women as cheated upon lonely hearts, is a disservice to both genders.

Good luck with this one...you're going to need it.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: omg!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landstarmissy
That is terrible! What a pig! But, sadly yes that is how most men are. I don't think I know one woman that has never been cheated on, happy or not. For some reason, most men need variety. And not just on the road because the lazy men that don't work or help around the house still for some reason cheat. Good men out there don't take this the wrong way. There are a few of you out there who are loyal and I applaud you for that! But hopefully you can sue his ass for some serious money you deserve it for all her heart ache!
Most men are like that? Few men are loyal? Most men need variety?
Why not say "most women are like that, Few women are loyal, all women need variety!"

I have NEVER cheated on my wife, I feel like I'm like MOST MEN.
Yes it's sad this happened, and it happens all the time, but it's a two way street on who does the cheating. It's the person not the gender that cheats.

:roll: