User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 07:06 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hubby started new job....breathe in, breathe out...

Ahhhhhhh..... Now relax..... Enjoy the calmness.

Hmmm, anyone ever heard of trucking saving a marriage because the husband and wife were getting on each others nerves too much while they were together?

Well, I better define together. Meaning, he didn't have a job, and was home 24/7 for at least a good two to three weeks. To me if felt like a year.

Now maybe I'll be able to get some stuff down around the house without him complaining about what I did or did not do. Well, after I relax for a day or two as much as I can. I still have three girls.

I was jittery this morning. More worried that he would get off OK today to orientation, which he did. Now, I'm hoping and praying he likes the company and dispatcher. I'll be fine as long as they don't find any reason to send him home from orientation. Driving wise, he only has one incident almost two years ago, but he doesn't have very good work history though.

In orientation, do they make the drivers take a physical even though they already took one previously and has the physical/medical card?

Happy trucking every one.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Hubby started new job....breathe in, breathe out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam
Ahhhhhhh..... Now relax..... Enjoy the calmness.

Hmmm, anyone ever heard of trucking saving a marriage because the husband and wife were getting on each others nerves too much while they were together?

Well, I better define together. Meaning, he didn't have a job, and was home 24/7 for at least a good two to three weeks. To me if felt like a year.

Now maybe I'll be able to get some stuff down around the house without him complaining about what I did or did not do. Well, after I relax for a day or two as much as I can. I still have three girls.

I was jittery this morning. More worried that he would get off OK today to orientation, which he did. Now, I'm hoping and praying he likes the company and dispatcher. I'll be fine as long as they don't find any reason to send him home from orientation. Driving wise, he only has one incident almost two years ago, but he doesn't have very good work history though.

In orientation, do they make the drivers take a physical even though they already took one previously and has the physical/medical card?

Happy trucking every one.
Most companies that I know of redo the physical and drug test with their own docs.
I understand what you mean about having a chance to do things though! I'm settling in now, mine has been gone since October between school and company. Its actually kindof nice to not have him undoing what I've done every time I turn around
I wish yours well and hope you keep the positive attitude you have now! What company did your husband go with?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Dancing with the bright Pixies at University of Edinburgh
Default Re: Hubby started new job....breathe in, breathe out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckfam

It certainly prolonged my marriage; Mores the pity though as she was a filthy lying bitch whore with a love of money and a tongue from the gutter.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM

Madii's wife, if he passes orientation, he will be driving for USA truck. I heard a little about them. One person had no problem with them. Had to take an extended leave out of country. USA truck is accepting him back if he wants to return. I heard complaints about the trucks, and one person had everything bad to say about them.

What I noticed is that they are not taked about like Swift, CFI, Werner, and other bad companies I know about. If they were that bad, then I believe I would have been hearing alot more about them than I have.

I guess I'm not going to sigh a total sigh of relief until I hear from him, and that he will be driving with the company.

I know enough from these boards that orientation itself does not guarentee an actual job.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Board Regular

Best of luck to your hubby truckfam. Drive safe everyone.