User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Just wondering

I have a question as to whether trucking companies can get you in touch with someone from DOT if you are getting log letters to help you go over your logs. I have been told you fax your logs and they go over them and get back to you on what you are doing wrong.
Do these DOT people work all hours of the days and nights and overnights? Or have I been just been made a complete fool?
Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Your company's safety person should be more than willing to go over your logs with you. If this is not an option then simply stop in an open scale house and ask for some instructions. Most of the time they are more than willing to help someone be compliant.
Old 10-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Rookie

It's not me with the log book it is my husband. I know that he told me his safety person at his job is the one that got him in contact with this supposed DOT woman because she knew her stuff. This was back in maybe mid August and he told me she was helping him out but it was the beginning of October that I noticed he had many,many lenghty phone calls on his cell with this woman and at all hours of the day any where from a half hour to over an hour and I really do not think these are log book calls because he calls her and she calls him. Even at 3:00 am while he is driving.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Umm, I think the safety staff usually goes home around 5? I dunno, aybe they have safety 24/7 and its probably not her but someone else. What's you husband doing driving at 3am? :wink: This could be why he is backed up on logs :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 10-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Senior Board Member

are u tryin to say that u think his women isnt from DOT?

how long has he been driving? i dont want 2 jump to conclusions at what you may be implying :lol:
Old 11-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Rookie

Sometimes he has to run over night not to often though and I know how he hates to run at that time and he says it is easier for him to call women then to call me when I have to get up in the morning for work. He tells me they do not mind him calling because they are up anyways.
No I do not believe this woman worked for the DOT for one minute I believe it was someone he met in a chat room that he freely gave out his cell number to. Just trying to cover his butt.
I have already come to the conclusion that something is not right with this whole story because what do you talk about to someone you do not even know for 68 minutes at 3:00 AM.
He says it is nothing but I told him sometimes women read into things that you might think is a harmless call but they might think you are interested.
I know he has gone down to the area where these calls were made and for all I know he has met this woman.
He has been driving with this company for about 10 months and since August there have been this phone number all over the bill.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:28 AM
Senior Board Member

Yikes. Why don't you try calling the number?