Old 06-11-2010, 03:38 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
They read the posts here too.
I was thinking...

I have not seen anything from MYTHBUSTER in a while...

But, I'll bet he's still lurking.

Old 07-16-2010, 05:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

they can track your prepass /truck by looking on their computer when your preass transponder came through the preass equipped site ...so if you get recorded in waverly comming through licoln ,ne and got pulled into the utah POE only 12-14 hours later and you don't run team well you're either speeding or over hours ...they were only looking at the day ,but were supposed 2 start going by the hour...I'm paperless now, so I don't care...They can't know you're violationg the HOS simply by the prepass ,but they can know if you falsified a log by comparing transponder times with logs...ouch
Old 07-18-2010, 07:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
I have never seen an ez pass that beeps, mine doesnt make any sound ever
mine never did, of course, my prepass did
Old 07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2 View Post
If you are driving through the state of Oregon and have an EZPASS in your truck you sure dont want to to go through a weigh station without your log book being right. We went through 2 set of scales on I-84 heading west to Portland and both times the EZPass started making a beeping noice for the first time ever. We wer,nt sure why it was beeping only when we went through the scales so the next morning we informed dispatch about it and he said that another driver had gone through the Oregon scales going west and had the same thing happen with his EZpass. The only difference was the driver on his way heading back east was over on his hours, had fixed his log book to drive longer and this time the weigh station pulled him in and busted him with violations up the butt. Oregon is able to detect on there computers through ezpass if you are over hours. Lucky for us we we didnt go back east through the scales till the next morning after taking 10 off in the sleeper so we had no issues. So if your gonna cheat dont do it in Oregon with an EZPASS in your truck or they will get ya. We dont know of any other states that can happen in ,but if anyone knows of any let us all know !!!!!!!!!
Oregon does not use EZ Pass or PrePass. They use Norpass. So does Wa and 7 other states use Norpass vs Prepass
Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Rookie

In going from Dallas to Seattle and back a couple of weeks ago, I saw that my Prepass was activating for the first time as well. I was a little puzzled because, as Nationwyde stated, OR and WA use a different system. So I guess they were hacking into the Prepass system. Don't know about the legality of it, but this discussion solves the mystery for me. I use paperless logs as well.