User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

try looking into superior carriers.......... :wink: :wink: :wink: 8)
to quote "skywalker"

As far as whether its worth a drive of a hundred miles or so to get to the truck... I do that every time I come home and go back out. I park my truck at the Superior/Carry Terminal in Lakeland, FL....and its about 100 miles to the boat. I do it willingly, and will continue to do it. Superior is that good of a company....and I enjoy the work as well. In fact, I like working for Superior to the extent that if I had to commute farther, I would do it..... and wouldn't even give it much of a thought.

Here are my reasons for why I say the above:

1. The company is really serious about "Safety". There is "ZERO" lip service regarding safety!

2. The people that run the terminals are all good people, and frankly I have not met a single one that I don't like...or who has given me even a moments pause to be bothered.

3. I stay busy. My income averages much more than I made pulling a box, and as Cyanide and I have pointed out before.... we get paid for almost everything we do...and its paid promptly.

4. I get more time off on a regular basis. I don't have to stay out on the road for endless weeks at a time. I'm out usually 10 to 12 days, and take 3 days off. Some of our drivers are home more often. I stay out a few days longer...because it works for me.

5. I have not, in the year plus that I have been with Superior, had to play any silly games, jump through hoops, falsify my log book, or any other nonsense. I do my job, and they leave me alone to do it. If I have a question...I call or message....and I get an answer. I DO NOT sit on hold waiting for a dispatcher to figure out which way is "up".

6. Superior is a company that wants "Professional Drivers", and is not afraid to invest time and funds in training and safety training....and wants you to stay. The longer the better!!

7. My wife likes my job, and especially likes the fact that "I have mellowed out", and I am never pissed off, and when I talk to her on the phone I'm not complaining about anything....so "life is good".