User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 01:10 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default WHY NOT A BORDER BLOCKADE?

I am not a trucker but I used to be a trucking dispatcher.

I do not understand why you truckers aren't banding together to blockade these Mexican trucks from entering the U.S. Why don't you SHOW your PROTEST in a meaningful way!

Since (just another) scumbag federal judge DENIED the Temporary Motion for a Stay to block these unsafe trucks, you should be TAKING ACTION by SHOWING YOUR DISDAIN FOR THE ANTI-AMERICAN WORKER NAFTA POLICIES.

There are an INCREDIBLE amount of American truckers and you are ALL required to meet DOT standards, right? But THEY ARE NOT!
DOESN'T THAT TICK YOU OFF???!!!

SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

DO SOMETHING!

SHOW THE GOVERNMENT AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE YOU HAVE SOME "COJONES."

You could block EVERY SOUTHERN BORDER CROSSING FOR MILES AND MILES AND MILES...FOR DAYS ON END UNTIL THEY DO THE RIGHT THING!

Look. I would gladly do without my lettuce, electronics and toothpaste to see a TRUE UPRISING TO PROTECT AMERICAN JOBS.

ISN'T IT TIME YOU ALL CAME TOGETHER?

Or are you all just content to have YOUR jobs "OUTSOURCED," to $7 a day FOREIGNERS?

I'M TICKED OFF...WHY AREN'T YOU?????!!!!!!

WHAT WOULD JAMES R. HAVE DONE? THINK ABOUT IT AND ACT!
THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BEHIND YOU!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

:evil:
Old 01-18-2008, 04:20 AM

Actually you would probably have an easier time gathering a large group of regular people to go down and do a blockade with regular cars. Actually it might even have more of an impact than a trucker only blockade. It would let those in power know that they are not only facing truckers only complaining about the potential of loosing their jobs. To the powers that be, that really isn't an issue.

The only truckers that ever really united are the union truckers like the teamsters, but they really only deal with job related things. Otherwise you have a bunch of truckers trying to make a buck. If they take time out to do a blockade, they either loose pay or their job if they are a company driver. As a company driver you are not allowed to take the truck anywhere without the company's permission. If they do, the company could claim they stole the trucks and merchandise. Let alone think of how much fuel costs would be, and not many company drivers have enough money for fuel to get the trucks there.

A lot of truck drivers do care, but I believe many of them don't think they can make a difference that way, believe they can't risk their income, and believe they would be the only ones out there. What good is a one truck blockade?

I'm not a driver, but have read these boards for long enough to realize that it is almost impossible to unite truckers let alone get them to all do a certain act like have a shut down or gather together in one place.

As I said it probably would be easier to start a grass roots campaign, and try to get regular people down there in regular vehicles to try to do a blockade. Then again, the majority wouldn't stay days on end either. They have jobs to go back to or apply for. Many will have families to support, and homes they don't want to loose.

Then again there hasn't been a major protest over all the in sourcing already being done as illegals come up here and take away regular jobs from regular American citizens claiming that no American wants to do the job, which is a lie in and of itself. The reason they don't want to do it, is because it doesn't pay enough. If it gets that bad in the trucking industry, they will claim that very same thing. No one in America wants to do that job, and they don't have enough Americans to drive all the trucks that need driven. When the fact of the matter is that they are not willing to pay enough to make truck driving feasible. Some companies are already dangerously close to that already, and have extremely high turn over rates because of it.

I'm a little surprised that the teamsters haven't done anything like this as of yet. This could bust all of their unions over time.

The only way I can foresee anything like this happening is to pay owner operators to go down and form a blockade. Then be able to pay for all of their time sitting down there. It would last until they got too homesick, or the money runs dry.