User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2016, 04:46 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default I-70 Colorado Closed

Saw a blurb about it being closed in both directions due to a rockslide about 125 miles East of the Utah/Colorado border. The detour is about 4 extra hours. Said its closed between the Gypsum/Eagle area and Glenwood Springs.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Default Glenwood canyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
Saw a blurb about it being closed in both directions due to a rockslide about 125 miles East of the Utah/Colorado border. The detour is about 4 extra hours. Said its closed between the Gypsum/Eagle area and Glenwood Springs.
I can remember being a kid when I first moved out of the house in Evergreen I move to Grand Junction, that stretch of Glenwood Canyon was 16 miles of Interstate 70 and it was all two lane highway back in 1982, I used to get so impatient as a kid when I would get stuck behind a semi going through the canyon because there were only like two safe places to pass in the entire 16 mile stretch. During that 16 mile drive you drove right beside the Colorado River within a stone's throw it was extremely beautiful . Little did I know that they would eventually make it a four lane highway where you have no views of the Colorado River or very little views. At least I can say in my lifetime I have been able to travel an interstate highway that was only 2 lanes don't think there are very many of those if any left in today's world.
Old 02-19-2016, 07:21 PM
Board Icon

Sad but amazing they stuck a 4 lane highway in there and call it I-70 now right?