User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default HireRight (aka DAC) sued and lost by DOJ & FTC

DAC Violated Trucker Rights: HireRight Sued by Department of Justice | TruckersReport.com

Quote:
The blatant inaccuracies and false information on some DAC reports isn’t news to the thousands of drivers who have felt blackballed in the trucking industry due to HireRight’s driver record database, but HireRight’s immoral business practices have finally been exposed to the rest of America by the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission.

HireRight collects background information on drivers, creating a “DAC” report on each driver, which is used to screen drivers when they apply for a job. Among multiple serious violations of consumer protection laws, the FTC alleges that HireRight sold DAC reports on drivers that incorrectly listed criminal convictions, and failed to take reasonable steps to make sure the information on reports was as accurate as possible. HireRight agreed to pay $2.6 million to settle the charges brought by the DOJ and the FTC.

This doesn’t have to be the full extent of HireRight’s punishment for decades of mismanagement. The FTC is encouraging drivers with inaccuracies on their DAC reports to contact them using their online form: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/Consumer_Home.htm

All drivers are entitled to receive a free copy of their DAC report by submitting a request here:

https://www.hireright.com/Disputes/Report.aspx

Full article via LandLine and FTC
Couldn't have happened to such a nice bunch of people.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Just ran across this info. All of these years of kicking and screaming about DAC and it's practices on this board................Yet, not a single response to this rather VERY SIGNIFICANT information that has seemingly affected so many careers?

This post has been here for nearly three months without so much as a single comment? Not even GolfHobo has chimed in? Jeez.

BTW>>> Thank you Malaki. Great info.

Back to the Word Association thread, I guess.....

Read below..............

Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Board Icon

Great to see you hangin around again Belpre! As for my lack of response? I've never been affected by DAC. I probably should check it once though.

How come you haven't joined the food fight over on the politics forum??
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Rookie

I recently got my HIRERIGHT/DAC report in the mail a couple months back and it lists more current info (which i know for a fact it is not truely correct). It stated that HIRERIGHT only went back 5 years, when most trucking companies will go back 10 years. I know where some drivers are coming from.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:41 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Great to see you hangin around again Belpre! As for my lack of response? I've never been affected by DAC. I probably should check it once though.

How come you haven't joined the food fight over on the politics forum??
Good to see you again also, GH. Glad to see that you have retained the oh-so appropriate avatar! Sure reminds me of the old days on here huh? As you can see, I am back in the lower 48 after an extended illness forced me back. I'm fine now, but it was a tough fight. Perhaps more about that at another time.................

Back to the subject at hand: Malaki86, a personal note of thanks to you for this thread and the info I garnered from such. I hadn't checked my DAC/HireRight report for a couple of years. (see my post in the old DAC sticky thread) I was shocked and extremely pissed off to find out that I had been surreptitiously "DACCED." Yep, old Belpre himself had been bent over and had absolutely no idea. Thank goodness my personal reputation and known work history were used to get me back to my beloved fuel hauling job. If it would have been looked at through DAC/HireRight............I hate to think where I might be right now.

Long story short for now. I successfully disputed the erroneous information and it was removed by DAC/HireRight. I encourage all of you to take a moment and request a copy of your DAC report. You no longer have to submit a request by snail mail. It can be done online at Request a Copy of Your HireRight Consumer or DAC Report Please take a moment to protect your career/CDL and take the time to obtain this information.

While I have my own opinions/thoughts about how DAC/HireRight operates. In all fairness to them. I must admit that they were very helpful and kept me updated continuously throughout the dispute process. I'm not sure if this is how they operated before the FTC case noted above by the OP. But they were completely responsive to my situation.

I wanted to get this on the board before I blew it off or just didn't have the energy to "go there." This story has so many more angles and twists. I'll try to stay a bit more active and pass on more of the story.

To those of you that are, or have been a victim of DAC. There is hope.

Yep, ColdFrostyMug was right. Controversial? For sure. He was so right that he was banned from the board for his views on the state of over-the-road truck driving. Nothing more. But he was right. I can say that now as I have enough years and experience in this industry to render an informed opinion.

GHobo, GMAN, WindWalker, OTX (rookie tanker), MacPuppy, Rhog and the rest of you. Hello and good to see you all again.

Let's leave it here for now Bruce White et al v. CRST, Inc., Case No. 1:11-CV-2615 A coolie carrier strikes yet again!

See below....................

Last edited by belpre122; 12-14-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:37 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Welcome back, belpre.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Board Regular

Wish like he!! I'd have found THIS a few years ago.
Jewels
Old 02-22-2016, 11:48 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I was just thinking about Mal recently, wondering how he's doing, as I haven't seen him around in a long time.
I hope you are doing good Mal.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:54 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I was just thinking about Mal recently, wondering how he's doing, as I haven't seen him around in a long time.
I hope you are doing good Mal.
We've lost a lot of good old timers.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington