User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lightbulb Incentives for Truck Drivers

Hello All,

It's been quite some time since I posted as things have been quite busy with the company I work for.

However, we are in the midst of revamping the culture and we are starting to implement a Incentive Driver Rewards system. We want the system to be effective for the drivers and to keep them excited to participate.

I would like to know from truck drivers in this forum what top 3 incentives from this list would be captivating for you to want to participate in?

Thank you in advance for your replies. It is greatly appreciated.

Award/Incentive ideas:

•Recognition placard and a “thank you”

•Merchandise Customization (t-shirt, hat)

•Breakfast/lunch

•Gift certificates/cards (reloadable?)

•Cash Bonus

•On-site/off-site personal massages

•Vacation Location (We send the driver on a on small trip somewhere)
Old 03-19-2015, 06:49 PM
Senior Board Member

#1 Money, I am very money motivated.

#2•Vacation Location (We send the driver on a on small trip somewhere) That would be nice because it saves me money!
I actually received an all expense paid trip to New Orleans years ago from my employer. Very nice

#3•Gift certificates/cards (reloadable?) That same employer would give out $100 American Express gift cards for weekly/monthly sales quota's, that worked out REAL well till someone in corporate said it was income and had to be reported.

T-shirts hats jackets are nice but everyone does it and honestly it's advertising for the company.

Bottom of the list:•Recognition placard and a “thank you” Thats nice once in awhile but lets be honest here. I'm hired to do a job and I do it I get "thanked" on payday, I don't tell anyone else thanks unless they go above and beyond because they get paid to do a job just like me.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 03-21-2015, 05:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
#1 Money, I am very money motivated.

#2•Vacation Location (We send the driver on a on small trip somewhere) That would be nice because it saves me money!
I actually received an all expense paid trip to New Orleans years ago from my employer. Very nice

#3•Gift certificates/cards (reloadable?) That same employer would give out $100 American Express gift cards for weekly/monthly sales quota's, that worked out REAL well till someone in corporate said it was income and had to be reported.

T-shirts hats jackets are nice but everyone does it and honestly it's advertising for the company.

Bottom of the list:•Recognition placard and a “thank you” That's nice once in awhile but lets be honest here. I'm hired to do a job and I do it I get "thanked" on payday, I don't tell anyone else thanks unless they go above and beyond because they get paid to do a job just like me.
Thank you Repete for input and candid reply. I really enjoyed your honesty here especially when you mention this.

"Recognition placard and a “thank you” That's nice once in awhile but lets be honest here. I'm hired to do a job and I do it I get "thanked" on payday, I don't tell anyone else thanks unless they go above and beyond because they get paid to do a job just like me."

It seems that a Vacation Location will be in the upper tier of the list we can consider and maybe Gift Certificates for the drivers as long as they don't have to report it as income. (What a tease)

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's greatly appreciate it.

Tags
incentive program, rewards