User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2014, 12:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Market Basket Missing Trailers

Hello Drivers,
I am a member of the Market Basket family. If you are unaware of the labor dispute which has occurred at my company, let me assure you it is complex. The low down in a flash. Family owned business with family problems causes insane repercussions across 3 states in New England. Un-Unionized Office workers, Warehouse workers, Truck Drivers, Outside Vendors walk out. A customer Boycott of 97% follows, brings company to knees. 80% of stores associates laid off. lasting 6 weeks. All for our CEO and 40.5% shareholder Arthur T. Demoulas to be reinstated. Result agreement to Sell to Arthur T. is reached. We won.

During this standoff however dozens of companies and dozens more owner operators were called in by the new CEO's to haul our trailers. Unpleasant job it is to cross a picket line. Unhappy with being mis-led into crossing a picket line or with being treated as a scab, these replacement drivers have acted in some interesting ways, including leaving full refeer units on roadways in 90 degree temps, Driving away from the dock with store associates still inside the trailer,(yes more than one instance of that occurred) and one driver leaving his cab to charge protesters across the street with a hammer. The latest discovery now that we are back in our warehouse is missing trailers. Mind you no office workers aware of daily operations were working. Now an unknown (as of yet, working on that) number of trailers are missing. Replacement drivers have either dumped, scraped, or are driving to Mexico with our trailers. We are looking for your help in locating these missing trailers. If anyone sees abandoned Market Basket trailers I am urging you to use channels 1-16 or 19 on your CB (Channels our drivers use), or to let me know so I can call them in. Any advice as to where we should be looking is welcome. Thank you all for your help and time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Market Basket Truck trailer.jpg (39.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-2014, 01:16 AM
Board Icon

I might be missing it but if the trailer is abandoned, what's the point of using the CB? Shouldn't someone get in contact directly with the company to give the location? Trailers don't drive themselves so you can't "call them in!" And if a driver is gungho on abandoning it, what's the point of you trying to call them back in? Your better off calling the cops BUT, someone has to call you first to let you know the trailer number and location. Us using the CB to contact the driver won't do any good either, driver will ignore it or not even have it on.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:24 AM
Rookie

I am working on getting an E-mail set up. If regionally found than you could CB one of our drivers the location of the abandoned trailer or post here and I can call it in.The dispute is over. Our drivers are now back. The trailers were dumped who knows where by the replacment drivers which are no longer with us. Hope that helps. I apologize for the confusion.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I just read an article yesterday (31Aug14) that Market Basket was laying off/firing all part time workers.
True?? False?? Yesterday's news??
Old 09-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Senior Board Member

They have insurance for the trailers. It's just an excuse to raise prices. I met many workers that thought they were getting screwed by Market Basket before the walk out.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:08 PM
Board Icon

Gotcha Wombat, makes sense now
Old 09-01-2014, 03:26 PM
Board Icon

I would think you have a list of active trailers and their numbers. Not hard to figure out which ones are missing. That should tell you which driver/Company or O/O was pulling it. Call the cops and issue warrants. As someone else said.... I'm sure you have insurance on them. Buy new ones, write off the losses, and press on.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
I just read an article yesterday (31Aug14) that Market Basket was laying off/firing all part time workers.
True?? False?? Yesterday's news??
Hello Useless, No, they had laid off all the part -time associates while the strike was active. They all were brought back the moment the BOD put Artie T. back in charge of day to day operations, and agreed to the sale terms.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Rookie

Arthur T Demoulas will do whatever is possible including cutting back shareholder profits before he will raise prices or decrease associate benefits, including the profit share. This is why the A-side shareholders wanted him gone so badly, well besides the decades long Billionaire Jerry Springer Family Feud crap. The entire Market Basket family, from customers to associates were going to be screwed if the walk out had 1. never happened 2. not been successful.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Rookie

Without a doubt that will happen, We are finding a few however, some at random construction sites a few behind old shut down business locations. Because it appears many are still in the area we are asking for those who may see a random Market Basket trailer sitting in a Bradlees (regional irony there for some of the local boys), parking lot for example to let us know. I guess one security guard had stated the trailer had been at his construction lot a week, why he didn't think it was out of place and call it in? I don't know.